Nagini | Build Journal

Thanks all, I think I was just getting worked up about it because I was so stressed that it would go wrong. That’s half of why I put it off for ages!

3h into curing and she’s looking good. Some high spots in the resin, but honestly I think I’ll keep them for that “homemade” look.

11 Likes

Stunning, the piece has so much depth now

3 Likes

I’d be proud to add that deck to my quiver as I think most anyone would. Bravo :clap:

Now don’t go and mess it up when you’re mounting your enclosure! Lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Almost made a potentially fatal mistake with the battery build.

I had nothing to prevent the pack shorting between each length because I had cut my nickel exactly to 84mm.

I think the best solution here is to carefully bend each piece back and use some scissors to trim away material. As you can see I’ve already started to do exaclty that.

Think I’m going to call it a day today and get to work on it tomorrow.

3 Likes

I avoid this by always cutting the nickel to match the distance between the outside pos terminals rather than the full group’s width. You can also run fish paper between the two rows of groups. Will likely be easier than trying to go back and cut nickel with metal scissors. That’s just asking for a short imo

2 Likes

100% always work to the pos terminals.

The burning and the frit came out awesome!

2 Likes

Im tempted, but worried that the sharp edge of the nickel will pierce the fish paper. I’ve started carefully trimming the nickel and it’s going well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words!

1 Like

Changed my mind about doing a second coat. That underside was really bothering me. It has made a world of difference!

2 Likes

Highly unlikely unless its a sharp corner. That’s why we use fish paper- bc it’s abrasion resistant. In any case, you do you bruv.

1 Like

Got there in the end :wink:

2 Likes

wow, I missed the updates on the deck, came amazing!

2 Likes

Balance wiring is a little too slack but I’ll roll with it

Edit: nah, I’m going to redo it.

1 Like

You’re gonna wanna lay down a strip of fish for the balance leads to sit on. It’ll keep them nice and flat and will also add some redundancy for your safety precautions.

Like so:

7 Likes

Genius, thanks mate. That’ll make life easier!

I noticed your balance leads are on the negative terminal of each group. Does it make a difference?

4 Likes

Not really. It’s slighly safer in some situations but you’ll note that the neg terminals and the positive of the next cell are wired in series already. Just make sure you’re following the wiring diagram of your bms and to check the voltages from your wiring harness before you plug it into the bms. If it’s wired wrong you’ll pop it. Start from B0 and then work your way across. Voltages should increase with each pin according to the SOC your cells are in (e.g. B0-> B1= 3.5v; B0-> B2 = 7.0v and so on).

3 Likes

Final update for today. Will be adding the power leads, charging circuit and wrapping the whole battery tomorrow.

2 Likes

Right guys, girls and everyone in between.

Today is a big day. Nagini has come to life. She has been born.

Once upon a time she was just a dream. Something I considered as a project for the future. Now, she’s learning to walk. I can already feel the bond growing between us.

I almost cried when I felt the jolt of her enthusiastic motors almost throw me across the living room.

Today Ive finished up the battery and I’m feeling very proud of how it’s turned out.

The squeaking is the motor pulley rubbing agaisnt one of the wheels. That’s an easy fix.

4 Likes

You’ve been crushing it with your attention to detail man!

5 Likes

I appreciate that it’s being noticed. Part of it is knowing the community will shun me otherwise haha. But mostly, I want this to be a work of art that functions without fail.

4 Likes