My second build, help with what vesc to buy

Dexter doesn’t like giving me any love so I’m pretty sure it’s $120 :joy:

1 Like

120 would be a fucking good deal, hopefully they can do 60A comfortably

that’s cheaper than flipsky damn

I have a flipsky dual 6.6 not plus. It’s running on 12s with about 60A total max on my Trampa off-road.
So far I’ve been happy with it. No trouble over about 400km at least :slightly_smiling_face:

Teaser! When this going to be available?

10s 1p with a flipsky dual 6. 6 here as well and rode about 200km. Soon upgrading to 12s so hopefully it continues to perform… Maybe lucky as there seems to be plenty of reviews that have problems

1 Like

Flipsky can work but these vescs are just cheap, some have problems others dont. Just save yourself the headache. You only have 8s4p that will sag voltage if you want to go 60-80 and 105-130 peak you will upgrade that pack later for sure :smiley: its always the same…

From what I can tell you ive learned over the years, dont buy cheap vescs, buy cheap deck, wheels dunno but dont buy cheap vescs, its the brain of your system, if something fails that goes bad!

Go with some original vesc6 or the unity but I dont like the idea of dual escs on one PCB. If one side breaks and is not repairable you cant just switch it out. Also there are some good based vesc6 vescs. The new 60D stuff looks nice but this is just starting.

Thanks for the advice!! @Jujo is giving me his esk8 supply vesc, and I’m thinking that I will go with that until I have enough money saved for a 10s 3-4p and a high performance vesc like the 60d or dual TB. When I get myself that, I can give away to the community the other vesc and keep helping people :slight_smile: I really want to have my board up and running so that’s why it really hurts to wait for the 60d and the TB to come out and expend extra money.

2 Likes

nice yeah!

do you have pictures of the build so far?:smiley:

That’s extremely cool, and should be a great option for now. Also love the idea of passing it on when the time comes.

4 Likes

never be the first one to test stuff unless you dont care if it breaks, always wait untill others have proven the safety and reliablity

I would never test a vesc while going 50kmh in traffic, imagine what happens when it fails in any way…

1 Like

Yes!! I will upload them soon, of all my iterations and how the final version will be!!

1 Like

He seems like such a nice guy and I’m so grateful!! I came here and discovered such an involved and interesting community!! I wish there was a little more Spanish people so I could have local contacts to ride

2 Likes

According to the “local rider thread and map”, @Lobap is from Spain :slight_smile:

Such as? From what I’ve heard the Maytech Superfoc is solid, as long as you don’t use fancy remotes with it. Maybe there are some more that I haven’t heard about?

2 Likes

man ok you are right, after thinking about it a bit better get the one and only original :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the mention man!

Indeed we are many riders in Spain!

@Oddcomo https://www.esk8spain.com/ there you have a link to join our WhatsApp group :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Awesome!! im joining rigth now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already had two Flipsky dual 6.6 plus and I’m not going to repeat the experience.

While I had more luck with the second one, they share an issue which for me is a no go: the mosfets get hot to easily which triggers thermal throttling.

If you had space on your board you could go with two Cheap FOCers :wink:

Mucha suerte!

Under or over on 3 months?
I’m taking the over

That is a great alternative but my board it’s pretty small and I want to push the little extra space to increase from an 8s to a 10s battery