My experience with Eovan

Every time I see this thread title I think it’s about @Evwan

7 Likes

Glad to know I’m always in your heart bb <3

3 Likes

Luckily I did use my credit card. I’m going to look into it.

Your best bet would be a flipsky sense their thin

Definitely an option, but I’ve already invested a lot into diy

got the flipskys reserved for another build, if im keeping it i need to make the existing ones work. I

I copied the colored wires from how they were plugged into eovans vesc, but I noticed the colored wire sequence is different on the flipsky/lacroix motors.

How do i know if the hall sensor is wired wrong?

1 Like

Another Update
It’s been almost a month since they responded to me and now the ESC is dead.
One motor locked up, the board shut off and it won’t turn back. When plugged into the charger the lights flash which means there’s an error.
It seems like a possible phase short in the esc? The motor has a lot of resistance, but only when plugged into one side of the esc. I don’t see any damaged wires.

1 Like

You just described a text book case of some sort of phase short on the ESC. Plug a different motor onto the bad side just to confirm that it is only a short on the ESC. Just to go from 98% sure to 100% sure it is an ESC issue

3 Likes

Yup, when I connected the other motor it does the same thing. The motors feel fine when not connected.

1 Like

doesn’t this mean the ESC isn’t dead? I had the same lock-up feeling only when there was power running, though.

youre like the 5th person this week with a dead esc

1 Like

I’m not sure. The esc won’t power on though.

If the motor issue persists with both motors plugged into one side of the esc (individually) it’s an esc issue.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Frank vs The World

Thanks for the clarification! I figured it was dead. We’ll see if they honor the warranty, but I doubt I’ll even get a response.
The GTS Pro has usb ports and I’ve never had an issue with vesc tool. Maybe that statement was pertaining to that board?
I just searched their website and they don’t claim vesc tool compatibility with their new esc, but they say the remote is compatible with vesc tool lol. It’s definitely misleading.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Frank vs The World

No bluetooth. All the remote control does is let you change basic settings like motor amps, gearing, calibration… thats about it…

any way to salvage this heatsink from the potted esc? or is this entire thing trash

1 Like

what are you trying to do with the board ?

throw a stormcore in there, wondering if i can reuse the heatsink

3 Likes

Where there is a will, there is a way. I believe @Arzamenable has successfully removed that potting compound before?

1 Like