My Esk8s. A journal of sorts

Eh people chop the tips off the forks all the time, it’s probably still perfectly usable as a deck assuming the damage didn’t propagate, maybe as a push board or something just in case.

1 Like

breaks my heart - but I think you can save that DS too @rafaelinmissouri

Al saved one with tip damage on both ends a year or so ago I wana say

1 Like

oh yeah. Al @glyphiks did the metal plates on his 44 I think.

looked great.

would be cool since this is top mount .

the only issue is I can’t make nice shit like Al can…

2 Likes

it would at the very least have a semi retirement as analog!!!

1 Like

def a struggle on my end as well I can bolt stuff together pretty well - wood work on the other hand… I can just drill holes and sand :rofl:

1 Like

Ya

Seemed to work really well. Got somewhere around 500km out of it until I snapped the hummie axle. Been out of commission ever since…

4 Likes

says something about your work if the axle broke before your chop fix did :+1:

2 Likes

I’m very late here but man that’s so nice to hear, glad to hear he’s got a good dad looking out for him

Also unrelated but wanted to ask about your 3 bearing idler setup: do you have a speeding or two between the innermost one and the motor mount or how does the outer race not bite into it? Also I’d have thought you’d need speedrings between the bearings, but I guess if they’re all spinning at the same speed it doesn’t matter if they contact each other?

1 Like

thanks a bunch dude. really I have a good kid looking out for me!!!

yep. one washer up on the mount side.

bearings are all togherher

4 Likes

Huh cool thanks. Thinking about this (the bearings spinning each other or causing some rubbing) got me imagining using an IR camera/thermal imaging setup to observe one of our drivetrains in action, that’d be interesting to see. Putting a board on a dynamometer with a dummy weight and then looking for hot spots to show where the losses actually are, might be a nice way of clearing up what role belt tension, bearing quality, idler or no idler, etc all play in deciding a good or bad setup

1 Like

Gotta get that build back on the road, I remember it being glorious in its golden days.

2 Likes

It will be revived soon, just a little differently…

2 Likes

went to the shop today and got a new skateboard.
always such a great feeling…

gonna pop over to the park and see if I can still ride…

4 Likes

That’s one of the most stealth builds ever. Where did you hide the battery? :joy:

3 Likes

so I am on the journey to get the Demonseed DKP back running.

I got the hanger from Evolve pretty quickly.
I pondered getting the wider Flipsky 13.78 trucks, but then I decided to be frugal.
Really I was just happy with the way it was set up. so why mess with it.

I dig up the other Demonseed from the basement( it’s last appearance was on the loaner 2.0)

And it is a little beat up.

So here is where I take my long detour…

I decide I am sanding down the Demonseed…

get it to bare wood and put some clear stain on it.

and I did the tail of the broken Demonseee and it seemed it would be easy enough…

so I decide to send it.

and what a pain i my ass.

I could not sand through the Lucid.
had to break out the heat gun and push it out…

that was super smelly and I wonder how toxic… but it worked ok.

I still need to get in there for more sanding but looks like it will be ok from here on…

4 Likes

Got a bunch of sanding done today.

I don’t think I am quite there. but I am also not sure I will get it much better than this.

currently I want to go with a stain to make it look like some of the Arbor Decks.

5 Likes

@rafaelinmissouri what kind of bedliner spray do you use on your builds? Any primer?

I’m looking do do something similar on an eboosted enclosure I’m about to get creative with.

1 Like

hey dudes.
I have used both Krylon and Rust-Oleum.

fairly similar… I seem to generally like the results of Krylon better but it is really close.
you get different results depending on spray distance and such.

I do not use any primer.

just clean. sometimes lightly sand
.and do several coats.

I have not painted an Eboosted enclosure. but I assume this stuff can stick to anything.

heads up. it is super smelly. I always piss off my wife when I use it…

I just did this the other day.

6 Likes

Bedliner crew! Think this was rustoleum pro, seems to have less texture than most

9 Likes

wow. yeah. that there looks really smooth.
is that a few coats or a ton of coats?

3 Likes