MTB | Trampa | MBS Matrix | SS Geardrive | 63100S | 12S8P 32AH

Ah APS, be sure to “battle harden” those before first use.

Looks like a great build, got me frothing even more for my parts to come for mine!

1 Like

been a while since my last post.

Received the 63100 motors in the meantime. Took them apart and battle hardened the bell and stator.
I also glued in hall sensors and temperature sensors!

Yesterday I did my first test on the bench. During the motor detection I heard sparking noises and burning smell from the dual vesc6 :scream: Quickly took off the power!

To be honest I rushed a little bit at the end without double checking. So I started checking the hall sensors with a power supply and multimeter first. But actually everything looked fine.

Did a closer inspection on the vesc but couldn’t discover anything also. Smell was coming from antispark loopkey :bulb: Haha that was a nice suprice.

Did the motor detection again. both motors passed the test! :loudspeaker:

Also installed the nrf module for the wand remote.

6384 vs. 63100

14 Likes

Niiiice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do you have more info/pics about that and which sensors? That’s really interesting. I see the wires but that’s it :face_with_monocle:

Not 100% plugged in?

5 Likes

I have used the SS460S hall sensor. Put them 120 degree apart from each other in the air gap at the end of the stator.

For temperature I used a 10K NTC thermistor.

I first put a little of epoxy on the legs of sensor for isolation before gluing them in.

For the the hall sensors I installed a small capacitor in the supply.

I need to look further in the loop key issue but looks like poor contact after the first contact path of the resistor or a failed resistor which caused the sparking on the second path

7 Likes

What epoxy are you using to battle harden those motors? Thanks!

1 Like

I really like this epoxy compared to others used in the past

4 Likes

maybe a small warning for other people that want to do sensoring of the motors as well.
Although the detection went fine. I noticed a much smoother operation of the motor after 4000erpm limit.

I think it’s not generating a perfect signal for the vesc. For now I lowered the sensorless erpm from 4000 to 1500erpm. That is working good, much better then sensorless. I need to sample some data of the sensoring in the vesc tool. This can only be done with usb connection.

I found 1 similiar issue on the vesc forum

https://vesc-project.com/node/170

However I should have the right sensors. ss460s are latching.

2 Likes

Very nice build! Maybe you want so set a benchmark:

since a couple of weeks started to ride this board on regular basis. Really started to enjoy the performance, range and comfort.

longest ride was non-stop 45km ride with an average 37km/h

Also adjusted the 63100 motor besides temp sensor, hall sensor now also with a internal cooling fan.

I don’t have any good data on the effect before and after unfornately

11 Likes

may you sahre the 3d files or the link for the cooling fans??
KR

1 Like

How have those APS 63100s been holding up?

Do they stay much cooler than 6384s?

2 Likes

Cool Build! I am wondering why you decide to go with the MBS Matrix II trucks instead of sticking with Trampa and getting some Infinities or Vertigos?

Awesome! How did you cut in the deck to route the cables!

Any updates on how the motors have been holding up?