Mtb battery question

Janus almost looks like an exact copy of those :grin: Think I’ll go with Janux…

The only reason I went with unik was because idea was on holiday and I was too impatient to wait…mounts are great but the guy took weeks to ship while telling me he had shipped them out the same day.
My efficiency doesnt take much of a big hit when I offroad on the mountain. I end up with an average of 17.55wh/km. 12s6p makes it unnoticeable :slight_smile:

Though I must admit stress levels and adrenaline go sky high when I offroad with this kind of build :rofl:

What about budget MTBs? Recommendations for 8x2 pneumatics on channel trucks and dual mounts for $250ish that are not made of butter?

My comment was directed at you goof.

Evolve makes matrix 2 mounts

@Eboardsolutions you have any left?

@ZachTetra Try out @dickyho’s new at setup. I’ll link it here in a sec when I find it. He makes quality stuff for cheap and has a lot of positive feedback.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I’m very smart… Mind sending a link?

He mentions it here but the website link is for evolve mounts. I’d just message him directly or on that thread.

3 Likes

I was looking at his stuff and he carries a new channel truck kit but the motor mount is stamped sheet metal so I was wondering if there was anything more robust, DIYEboards has a mount but it’s $88 shipped still

Never ever ever forever.

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s a single piece of CNC aluminum, how bad can it be?

http://www.diyeboard.com/images/mce_upload/15451825840.jpg

Follow up is more relevant here

Found em thanks!! Not sure what ratio to use… I’m using 190kv’s since I already have one which makes the ratio hard to find :neutral_face:

1 Like

I think @Boardnamics also has some matrix 2 mounts.

2 Likes

I’m at 15:72 and it’s very speedy. If you want medium offroad and mostly street, aim for that ratio or slightly higher if you want more torque. I find it plenty for wheelies.

2 Likes

Thanks! What wheel pulleys are you using?

Ones from @IDEA.

They are pricey but he includes everything nicely packaged and labeled

2 Likes

Do you get a lot of punch with that ratio? I’m on 15/44

I can’t full throttle from a start but I could use a bit more on really steep dirt hills. Enough torque that I haven’t bought other pulleys

5 Likes

What batt and motor max amps do you have set?

I’m using roughly the same ratio with 150kv’s at very low power settings and don’t get that umpfh I’d need for wheelies because I’m already at risk of falling off under acceleration.

Battery at 95A, motors at 60A normally. I kicked it up to 80A on the motors now that’s its been colder.

@DEEIF You can try mine next time you come to the outlaw race. 1:6.25 and 130kv or my buddy’s 1:5 and 150kv.

1 Like

I use a 12s6p and use about 12wh/km on my MTB. Longest trip I did is just 23km but still had plenty of range :slight_smile:

3 Likes