Mountainboard deck options

We were just discussing this deck elsewhere and I considered adding it but it’s a pre order indiegogo board so I was skeptical. I really like the design and thought behind it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen pictures of a deck where the guy added the ‘pedals’ like a Kaly board onto his MBS. He did it with 3d printed pieces. I have monster feet and was hoping I could do something similar but I am worried about strength, as there will be a lot of force on these areas. Has anyone done anything similar??

2 Likes

@taz did it!

3 Likes

Nah bro not adding concave, adding wings is what I wanna do.

I made almost the same last summer on esk8fr ^^

I like my Scrub Furnace Creek, custom, shorter and carbon fiber sandwiched :ok_hand:

Also, X-shape, beautifull handmade mtb by a french mate.

I like the Colab (I hope to try @Pimousse one this summer! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), but can’t wait for the Haero Bro too :wink:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Thanks for the additions. It’s a nice looking deck! Any idea on cost?

5 Likes

I will probably make a mess of it :slight_smile: It doesn’t actually bother me right now. Even with the mounts touching the deck at full tilt the turning radius is tight enough.

2 Likes

Oo are those pull handles available for sale?

2 Likes

@DavidC where did you find that mbs 100?!

2 Likes

@Venom121212 I bought it 4 years ago. You can not find it anywhere now… I had to paint the tail + acrylic 2K varnish because of MBS plastic baseplate failure.

1 Like

That’s a beauty. I’ve never even seen that model and I consider myself mbs knowledgeable haha. Definitely post a photo here if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I scored this guy a little while ago, really nice flex in this compared to the new ones

4 Likes

Supposedly the new dw2 has the original pop back in it. I’m right on the verge of buying one and cutting the nose and tail to a more esk8 friendly shape.

2 Likes

DWII is definitely nice and poppy but stiff, but this one above is super flexy,

3 Likes

I want a nice flexy manual one like that to actually try some stunts and jumps. You’re not in Ohio by any chance are you? Just kidding but secretly hopeful.

2 Likes

Nope, im in Aus! The newer MBS boards are stiff, which I personally prefer, but it is nice to have this flexy one for something different.

I’ll have all three of these electric one day!

4 Likes

shots of haero x colab x mbs pro 97 x trampa carver for comparision
will do a writeup later on comparision

15 Likes

Nice comparison :ok_hand::+1:

3 Likes