Mountain board deck for tall people

Hi!

Snowboards are availiable in many lengths for tall or short riders. See that chart, ton of options!

Mountainboards are all around 95 cm. I am building my first diy mountain board. Hearo bro seems nice but I am afraid it will be too short and that my stance will not be wide enough. Here are the haero bro dimensions.

I am 6 feet tall, my brother is 6’4" tall. We are 200 lbs. We wear 14-15 US shoes. Is there any other option than pressing our own boards? Haero bro widest stance is 37 cm, I would want at least 48…

I do not know if that matters, but our main goal is not going fast (35 kmph max is plenty) and not to do big jumps. Riding in the woods, small jumps may be. I do not think lacroix or fluxmotion deck would be a nice idea but I might be wrong.

I also want the ride to be as smooth as possible. So may be the option of putting 9-10 inches tires and not only 8 inches is nice option.

What do you guys think about this? I am new to this mountain board world. I currently have an electric skate that I ride with the widest stance I can (46 cm between each feet measured near toes) and I sometimes wheel bite.

Also if you can tell me the measurement of the dimension in red on the image below, it could help me decide if haero bro is ok.

Thank you!!

134629879_10158538215655845_7305964187215201135_n

3 Likes

I’m 197cm tall and haero and mbs both have a pretty sweet stance for me.

I do have a really old MBS Blade tho which is huge. Would love to electrify that one day

6 Likes

Long O-legs or not?

Thank you for your answer. What is O-leg?

70 cm or 27.5" by my measure. That’s from outer binding hole to outer

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Venom!

1 Like

I decided to go with Haero bro and see!

I do NOT like speed… So speed wobbles are not a problem. Do you think I should go with stiff or medium flex if I am 200lbs?

1 Like

Judging from the product page, they seem to recommend stiff for electric conversions due to the extra 20-30 pounds of electronics on the deck.

1 Like

Cant you just use a roarocket kit and make your own?
Its what I do and its very simple. If you wait a few months they are releasing a MTB mold kit.
(I suggested this for beginners in mold making.)

3 Likes

Stiff it up!

2 Likes

I’m 6’3” ~160 lbs and ride a regular holypro :joy:

1 Like

I’m 6-5". Small dick.

And the only board that feels right under my legs is the flux

2 Likes

Wait whaaaat!? Thanks Zach!

2 Likes

I’m 6’1 the Haero Bro is prefect… the Flux is bigger lots of room big feet and wide stance!

3 Likes

Im taller than all yous guys laying down…:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Bro deck is great. Seen some big boys ride these decks :joy:

3 Likes

What does this even mean? :rofl:

1 Like

Think about it long and hard.

All of us laying down on top of eachother?
Taller than us while laying down?
Taller than us when we all lay down?

Taller than all our guys that are laying down?

2 Likes

If you guys want to get on top of each other that’s up to you. I don’t judge.

1 Like