Motor discussion: the best and worst of it all

I’ve been out of the motor game for a while what are the best motors to buy these days?
@Evwan @ShutterShock @Skyart @glyphiks @Tony_Stark @mackann @Andy87 @frame @ApexBoards @abusfullofnuns @BillGordon @longhairedboy and who ever else wants to talk about motors

3 Likes

We doing on sale on like the best in the biz

4 Likes

Reachers from Radium or SKP are pretty much the standard for high end motors nowadays. They can handle a lot more amps+abuse than Flipsky

5 Likes

Best motors - probably Reacher / SKP / Radium.

Good / very good motors: Flipsky, Maytech, Torqueboards.

4 Likes

premium: reacher (radium or skp are all same)
mid: flipsky (but wait for the v2, or i think apex already has the v2 version)
dirt cheap: saite

3 Likes

Fuck you beat me.

Saite are such excellent value for money

4 Likes

I think APS are Saite

3 Likes

They are indeed

1 Like

Same lineup for me, despite not having owned reachers I think they are probably higher quality than fs from what I’ve seen.

The price premium is definitely not worth it for most riders, imo.

2 Likes

Radium Reachers for sure.

If you want to support the brand that put in a bucket load of time and money to develop those motors with Reacher then please buy from Radium🙏

We get no kickback from Reacher or even credit from anyone.

We don’t take a wage from Radium and all proceeds go back into developing new eskate tech🤘

14 Likes

Ive been using and heavily abusing radium motors. Only recently have I killed the senors on the left motor and yet it keeps ticking along strong with a little tuning magic.

The way I see it, its better to buy the best components. Cheap out and you’ll more than likely deal with more headaches than anything else.

4 Likes

Agreed. I used to go through maytech motors almost as often as belts!

I’ve made a lot of updates to improve sensor reliability/longevity since the version you own too.

5 Likes

Despite the low price, rather have Saite than Flipsky.

3 Likes

I reckon more peeps would own saite if they were easier to buy. Needing to go through the alibaba process is probably a bit of a turn off for most

1 Like

Drop a link to their Alibaba store?

2 Likes

Their service is fantastic and if they don’t have a specific kv in a particular motor, they can sometimes do custom kv.

You can also specify with or without sensors, and 8 or 10mm shaft.

Really great to deal with, but you can’t just click ‘buy now’, you have to speak with a rep and receive/pay a purchase order.

I’ve bought this way from Saite at least 3 times and have zero complaints about their service or their motors.

4 Likes

MOQ IS 10, assuming you’re asking for samples?

1 Like

I’ve only ever ordered 2 at a time

2 Likes

Took “Lost Soul” for a hearty spin today. I can definitely notice the difference between the motors now with one being smoother than the other.
From all the abuse they have suffered from debris, being once caught in heavy rain even had someone mess with my boards vesc settings on a ride.
Yet they keep on ticking and running hard. Definitely worth every cent and I’ll stand by them.

Ive heard horror stories about maytech and flipsky motors hence why I didnt touch them even with some people desperately trying to push me that way haha.

Haha, you and dylan killing motors, I expect nothing less :wink:

3 Likes

SKP is probably a bit behind, since it takes time to copy-paste the improvements from Radium :^)

@Nacho welcome back btw :v:

2 Likes