Motor discussion: the best and worst of it all

Actually theyre now also avialable sensored

:sweat_smile::ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

so yes rc controllers will cut out if the load is to great. Source- i’ve had this happen on a rc
try changing that start power setting to high
second remove the motor from the drive and see if it spins

1 Like

yepp its spinning well without load
i maybe try to adjust the timing on the escs but as this setup is wrong in general in terms of motor, gearing and or battery and esc combbo i think my colleague just needs to decide if he changes the battery/escs or the motor/gearing (cheaper imo :-))
thx to you and all the other for looking into this and investing time

!!! Watt = Volt * Ampère (P = U * I) !!! dont ignore tht
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Ignore whatt?

Anyways maybe its better to move this to its own discussion?

1 Like

This isn’t necessarily true unless you’re at top speed. There are a lot of other variables, like duty cycle, that affect things a lot as well.

3 Likes

I’ve been out of the motor game for a while what are the best motors to buy these days?
@Evwan @ShutterShock @Skyart @glyphiks @Tony_Stark @mackann @Andy87 @frame @ApexBoards @abusfullofnuns @BillGordon @longhairedboy and who ever else wants to talk about motors

3 Likes

We doing on sale on like the best in the biz

4 Likes

Reachers from Radium or SKP are pretty much the standard for high end motors nowadays. They can handle a lot more amps+abuse than Flipsky

5 Likes

Best motors - probably Reacher / SKP / Radium.

Good / very good motors: Flipsky, Maytech, Torqueboards.

4 Likes

premium: reacher (radium or skp are all same)
mid: flipsky (but wait for the v2, or i think apex already has the v2 version)
dirt cheap: saite

3 Likes

Fuck you beat me.

Saite are such excellent value for money

4 Likes

I think APS are Saite

3 Likes

They are indeed

1 Like

Same lineup for me, despite not having owned reachers I think they are probably higher quality than fs from what I’ve seen.

The price premium is definitely not worth it for most riders, imo.

2 Likes

Radium Reachers for sure.

If you want to support the brand that put in a bucket load of time and money to develop those motors with Reacher then please buy from Radium🙏

We get no kickback from Reacher or even credit from anyone.

We don’t take a wage from Radium and all proceeds go back into developing new eskate tech🤘

14 Likes

Ive been using and heavily abusing radium motors. Only recently have I killed the senors on the left motor and yet it keeps ticking along strong with a little tuning magic.

The way I see it, its better to buy the best components. Cheap out and you’ll more than likely deal with more headaches than anything else.

4 Likes

Agreed. I used to go through maytech motors almost as often as belts!

I’ve made a lot of updates to improve sensor reliability/longevity since the version you own too.

5 Likes

Despite the low price, rather have Saite than Flipsky.

3 Likes

I reckon more peeps would own saite if they were easier to buy. Needing to go through the alibaba process is probably a bit of a turn off for most

1 Like