Motor coming loose

Changing the front truck is optional, but the caliber will attach to your board just like the trucks you have now

1 Like

You can mount either way, but you will loose alot on clearance for the motors on drop through.

You only need to replace rear truck really

2 Likes

What is recommended drop thru or how it is now?

Since you’re in Maryland, You have battery builders in literally all directions.

Imo unless you’re sure of what you’re doing, I would leave battery construction and repair to the pros

I can reccomend @thisguyhere (California) or @ARetardedPillow (New York) but there are plenty of other builders who are probably closer to you.

3 Likes

I like low builds. Drop through. But you risk you motors hitting the ground more

ya I don’t think I would want to build a battery.
I think best thing to do would be to open it up and see what I have as you suggested
I am unable to reply until tmr new member restricted to x amount of reply’s a day
Caliber twos have a9 and ten inch option as well as different degrees? How do I know what I need?

2 Likes

We typically use the 10" version.
Sadly having both 50 and 44 is optimal.
50 front, 44 rear. Helps with stability. ( look up “slit angles” )
I’d get the 44. The 50 seems more common. Then I bet you could trade one of your 44 baseplates for a 50 to a member here.

3 Likes

@Bakack #1 your using the wrong trucks. Of course, your going to have issues :wink:

4 Likes

I’m pretty surethe mounting plate is supposed to go in between the wheel and the pulleys.

Don’t think it’ll solve all your problems (loctite everything and get the proper trucks) but I don’t think it’s helping either.

Picture of what I’m talking about.

That’s always how I’ve set up my TB mounts.

5 Likes

Yup. It allows to place it as straight as possible

1 Like

It’s also the reason behind the bites on the wheel.
If you dont align it, belt tries to slip to the sides all the time

1 Like

It’s honestly amazing there isn’t more damage to the motor/mount between the poor alignment and the wrong truck type/clamp type.

1 Like

True but that’s just either lack of research or lack of care from the og owner. If you just sold me this, I’d be busting your door open with the board itself :crazy_face:

1 Like

@stratoglide
@Skunk
@Sn4Pz
Thanks I will start there trying to get the caliber trucks from @Agressivstreetlamp
And then I will swap the base plate to the proper position. I will update once it is all done and rechecked. Thanks for all the help. Once I get all this situated and the battery I will look into adjusting the vesc

3 Likes

5% finders fee

1 Like

$5 x .05 = .25 cents what is your PayPay

Sorry $15 my bad

3 Likes

5 bucks? Nice find

Got caliber trucks from @aggressivstreetlamp
Thanks installed drop thru motor hits board on turns . Looks cool though. Removed and reinstalled trucks under board. Reinstalled mounting plate correctly. Took for a spin and motor loose again:(. I will try loctite and see if any improvement pic of new truck and set up .
Old trucks and screw for the clamp. Also turning improved 100% !!!

1 Like

You should never ride a setup without loctite, it’s a no brainier.

Screw in the pieces with loctite, let it sit for 5 mins and come back and try again as hard as you possibly can. Or just try as hard as you can the first time. I always seem to get an extra teeny bit of a turn when I set it down and come back a few minutes later

3 Likes

I have searched the forums and found a video from @torqueboards on proper mounting . I found out that the motor pulley was also in backwards so I fixed that repositioned the clamp and tightened as directed by tb . Added loctite and will test it tmr :+1:.I was using a Allen key (no bueno) . Got my 4mm hex socket and ratchet to torque down this time .I also checked alignment by spinning wheel by hand forward reverse forward and found that I am out of alignment a little . The belt shifts about 1.5 mm is this ok? Pics of it set up correctly as far as I can tell :grinning:

3 Likes