Motor coming loose

Hello,

I just bought a used “custom” board . Pretty sure I got ripped off. Battery is junk. Has a drop through board but the trucks are not mounted dropped. The base is minutes on the bottom of the board. Figured I would get some tb 218 trucks to drop thru. Replace the battery. I am new to eskate … my issue now is that the motor comes loose after riding . It comes loose at the truck. I have tightened all four bolts and they still come loose . I have not used loctite yet. I was reading something about the can? I am assuming this is the outer shell of the motor that spins? So possibly the motor is unbalanced and creating too much vibration for the bolts to hold the trucks? Or maybe the truck is not made for eskate? Any ideas?
Thanks

Even riding on smooth asphalt will give you plenty of vibrations for various screws to come lose. Use loctite everywhere.

But you can easily check motor for vibrations, just run it with no load.

2 Likes

That’s pretty common. You loses alot 9f motor clearance otherwise.

So what’s coming loose? The motor or the motor mounts?

Better pictures of what clamps your mounts use would help.

Normal road Vibrations can loosen any mount if it’s not installed correctly.

1 Like

I will take pics when I get home
The mount is coming loose at the truck.

1 Like

1 Like

You can see where the belt has been eating the inside of the wheel due to the mount being loose. The yellow circle is where it is coming loose.

Looks like a one piece (v2 ?) Tb mounts.
Dosen’t look like a caliber truck tho…

2 Likes

I havnt always gotten @torqueboards mounts to work in the past… Maybe he can offer some suggestions to get you all set up.

Tbf the only caliber 2 mounts that I’ve ever been happy with are Janux mounts, because they were absolutely Rock solid.

Really? That was not my experience at all

6 Likes

It looks like a china Paris clone, the one that comes with koowheel hubs

3 Likes

I had v3 or v4 TB clamps, for the Janux I think I got the biggest improvement from the crossbar. It really helped them support eachother

1 Like

I did t see any markings on the trucks so I guess they are generic

1 Like

Yeah that’s certainly no caliber truck.

Can I ask who you bought this from? Not witch-hunting… Just curious

1 Like

eBay :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah we gotta get you a caliber truck for the rear.
Where are you located?
I have an extra hanger. I’m short on baseplates tho.

3 Likes

Well, the battery is a whole different issue… But the truck issue is easily fixed.

Go on ebay / the ‘for sale’ area here and find some caliber 2s with blasplate.

Swap out that entire back truck with the caliber 2, setup the drive train again and you should be all set.

The main difference between the trucks you have and the ones you want is the shape of the hanger.

The caliber 2 is quite square/angular, giving the mount room to hold on to the truck. While the Paris clone is quite rounded, giving no room for your clamp to do it’s buisness

2 Likes

I had paid for two metroboards and the guy said he couldn’t mail them after I explained how he just cancelled the sale and refunded the money. Then I won and paid for another custom board and they cancelled it (wanted more money) . So when I saw this it said 30 mph and 30 mile range I saw tb and thought it would be a good deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

In md

The caliber two will mount on the bottom also or will it be drop thru? I don’t need to change the front truck?
Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Have you opened the enclosure to get a look at the battery? For an actual range of 30 miles I expect a 12s4p or 10s5p 30q or HG cells🤔

No the guy built the battery said it was a 10s4p
Range is actually 10-14 miles with heavy sag after 50%. Suspect bad cell

1 Like