Motor 80100 which

200a is ezpz… At 3s with 2:1 ratio

200a total motor current isnt that hard if you’re a bit heavier.

We’re talking about 2x200A on 20S. I doubt it…

Total motor current. As in 100 per motor. Doesn’t matter if it’s 3s or 20s, the amount of torque you have from a setup like that is dependant on your gear ratio.

1 Like

we’re not talking about 100 phase AMPs per motor and obviously if you go on 20S you will use another KV and/or gearing… So yeah it makes a huge difference.

Oh what the hell, 200 battery amps at 20s? Do we have an esc capable of that?

1 Like

I do…

1 Like

Do you have some logs? Still kinda doubting that you actually pull 200A per motor. :smile:

2 Likes

You can pull 200A for a couple seconds on steep hills. Dono if I tracked it or not.

1 Like

Maybe buy the 80100 from Flipsky, but unmount them to check everything is OK.

Change all the bearings to 2RS ones.

Fix loose windings with epoxy.

I didn’t add epoxy around the magnets and didn’t have any issues.

I bought mines (130kv) from APS a long time ago. One of them had windings rubbing with some strator part.

ZZ bearings died quickly.

APS or Flipsky 8085 motors seem to be more prone to overheating then the 80100 ones.

2 Likes

I think that motor is an older oddity from before flipsk’s battle hardening and general quality improvements, though I’m not very certain of that. They give less detail about it and don’t brag about stator steel or anything like that which is maybe pointing towards an older tech, though the claimed power to weight ratio is very similar to (slightly higher than) their current stuff like the 6384 so that suggests at least by their own measure it’s a decent performer.

This is probably just adding confusion, I just haven’t seen much discussion on these so I’m trying to Cunningham’s law my way into some info

I have to use the trigger of the remote control fully for 2min

3 Likes

The stators on maytechs seem to be hilariously small, that one is only 25mm long, as opposed to 45mm on a flipsky 6374. Shorter motor, almost double the stator length.

Obviously the Maytech is wider at 68mm vs 53 because it’s a much wider motor, but their “packing ratios” for want of a better word of stator size for motor dimensions are Not Great

6374 dimensions:

Maytech 8085 dimensions:

2 Likes

I have this leopard 8072 motor I can wind whatever kv u want and vacuum resin into the windings and bake it.

200$ shipped anywhere USA
Got it in parts and just did some thin wire test windings n never used

Also have a bigger size motor by Ant.

4 Likes

If @Riderman is “Rollerman”, he didn’t come here for a telemetry bragging rights contest.

Flipsky has a history of pushing out premium products at a premium price that failed prematurely and customer service isn’t great.

To be fair, both my longest lasting ESCs and ones that fried the quickest came from them.

They do ship quickly and if you found a deal or sale for the exact spec motor you want, it would be worth it. I bet The 80xxx motor market is tiny compared to 63xx.

6 Likes

I’d pay for an afternoon length workshop on motor rewinds if we could bring a dead motor and finish with a working motor we mostly wound ourselves.

4 Likes

What bigger size motors do you have?
I was getting custom 8085 motors from Ant.

I forget whet size they’re calling this but think was 200$. I’ll sell it for 25$ less

@Arzamenable I could show u how to rewind a motor in like half an hour. Maybe I’ll make a video next motor I make(if only I had a head mount). you’ll need magnet wire which isn’t hard to get and some high temp epoxy to glue the winding after.

8 Likes

That would be really sweet

These are non sensored and Do you only have one?

Do you have a link for this?

1 Like