Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

So dudes.
How do you find carving on the Haero with no bindings?

Pardon the intrusion but how tall, heavy, are you and what size shoes do you wear.

I’m pondering making a Carver out of one of these so looking for folks with personal insight.

5 Likes

Good without bindings, I have mine wedged +10 at the front and -5 at the back. Responds well and is stable at speed.

The gas pedals and flat-stand areas make a big difference for control and comfort. Note that I also have e-toxx elastomere dampers.

I’m 1.69m tall and 93kg, close to 100kg with my backpack which includes esk8 battery, ESC, laptop and daily needs.

IMO of all the MTBs, the Bro is the one to use as a carver. I don’t miss the HolyPro at all for my everyday commute.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Sweet, thanks dude.

2 Likes

No worries, and oh, my shoe size is US 10. Depending on how I stand, there’s generally no going past the gas pedals. Right on the edge though.

1 Like

So I had a buyer for my LiFePO4 pack, and thought I’d do a test run now that I have metr Pro, just to be sure I’m not selling shit.

It performed absolutely fine, and while it’s not the super high output pack I thought and had some voltage sag during operation, it didn’t feel significant enough while riding to put me off such that I’ll sell it.

Plus, now I have triple the range than my LiPo setup, no fire hazard, and I can just build two more 5S LiFePO4 packs to go to 48.9V and 65.2V!

1 Like

lmao.
The best problem to have in this case :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@malJohann how do you store your lipos in the backpack? Any extra precautions since they are strapped to your back?

Used to use a LiPo fire resistant charging bag, but running LiFePO4 right now, so zero fire risk at all.

2 Likes

Which ones are you using right now? Just looked through the thread, sounds like you’re using the Headways.

Even budget A123 (LiFePO4) cells have better Watt/kg than the SPIM08HP’s I have. I really should pick up some.

3 Likes

Yeah, using the Headway 40152S cells right now, but if I had to start from scratch I’d go for the Headway 38120HP’s and just double the cell count to make up for the capacity loss.

2 Likes

Australia makes it difficult but Headway 38120hps are $10/per at batteryhookup in the states and I love them very much.

1 Like

So I’ve been keeping busy in the background, just consolidating from some other threads.

Battery building to get to 20S LiFePO4, which is 18S Li-Ion equivalent for all you brainiacs out there.

All this so I could be ready for the arrival of 2x Stormcore 100S and some related bits.

9 Likes

Woooah, stormcores look sweet man! Can’t wait to see how this turns out.

Tell me, is stormcore orange or red?

2 Likes

The cat is out of the bag now. Get it fucking built brother!

1 Like

Looks sweet. what is that AS switch?

1 Like

A nice deep red anodise, my phone camera doesn’t capture it well indoors.

With any luck it’ll be running by tomorrow, I’ll refine the backpack integration over time. There’s some 48VDC 16A SPST relays I’m having difficulty sourcing to do it the way I want to.

3 Likes

Lacroix AS, same circuit as on the 100D, but just external and with a latching switch.

2 Likes

I have faith Johann. You are the motherfucking man!

1 Like

That’s great

2 Likes