More 184mm + 220mm Precision Hangers and Clamps

I don’t really know anymore. I’ve read countless articles on gears, bearings, and lubricants. I’m fried, I will just keep riding it.

4 Likes

I ran white lithium for a bit on metal-on-metal didn’t really notice anything bad, got a bit warmer and I didn’t get the ‘drilling into metal’ sound I got when I ran without grease. Biggest difference I noticed after moving to liqui moli was the reduction of oil separation seeping out the gaps…

1 Like

Pretty sure any regular gear grease thats on the lighter side will work well

1 Like

love them! Fit perfectly with the TB mounts

3 Likes

@Boardnamics use motoX chain grease is what I’ve been told. The only consumable of steel on steel are pinion gears but that’s after 1000’s of miles. Setup correctly they should last forever especially in a sealed environment with grease. They might get louder after 20 miles but only slightly due to the protective layer wearing off. With grease my guess is it will take a very long time for that to happen.

1 Like

I know that the Avio MK2 gear drive uses harringbone gears, which are supposedly the quietest of any cut. Was there consideration for this gear type in your design process? Just curious.

P.S. I have a set of the BN220 with adjustable angle baseplates and dual idler mounts. Super satisfied customer! :grin:

1 Like

@Boardnamics

How do I purchase precision clamps from you?

A tale of two :peanuts: s

• The first :peanuts: goes onto the wheel end of axle thread almost to the end but not tight at all.
  • Hold a spanner on the first :peanuts: & use another spanner (wrench) to tighten the second :peanuts: against it.
  • Now you are ready to use a single spanner on the second :peanuts: only to seat the axle. This should NOT move the first :peanuts: at all if you locked them together.
  • You are now ready to use both spanners again to loosen off the nuts from being locked to each other, neither of them should transmit turning force to the axle. Probably best to wait a day all the same to give the loctite a chance to cure.

Yours lefty-loosely righty-tightely,
Alan

7 Likes

Bro, nice explanation but gave me a headache! Illustrate with clay :grin::yum:

Yours lefty-loosely righty-tightely

That’s a Goofy, over here, the asteroid belt, and next 27 parcecs to the Kuiper belt! :stars:

@Boardnamics did you get the fixed axles for the 220hangers ??

1 Like

He’s getting them but they are a month out

1 Like

Anybody got a used 220 hanger they want To sell until the new ones come in Thanks :blush:

Single piece clamps are available seperately now.

6 Likes

do you think the hangers fit this base?

2 Likes

Looks like it would, but I cannot promise something like that.

2 Likes

They do, or at least @KaramQ sold me a set of 220s on Navigator baseplates.

2 Likes

Haven’t rode em but looks/feels good!

3 Likes

Yep they fit and I ran them on those baseplates for some hundred miles lol

2 Likes

Why do the bushings feel like trash tho where did they come from? Black and hard as a rock

Before I put them in the “no good” bag

1 Like

I put riptide bushing on those trucks lol, they where green. I don’t remember putting any black bushings lol or I just got short term memory loss

1 Like