MoonBug MTB - AT Moon Drives, Proto RKPs, Bro Deck, 12s6p 30q

Part list

MoonBug MTB
Trucks Proto 350mm RKPs w/ 15° Baseplate and 12mm axles
Front Truck Bushings Riptide 90a Krank Chubby BS / 90a Krank Barrel RS w/ Flat Washer
Rear Truck Bushings Riptide 93a Krank Chubby BS / 93a Krank Barrel RS w/ Cup Washer
Truck Pivots Riptide Caliber Pivot Cup
Hubs MBS Rockstars
Tyres MBS T3 8"
Deck Haero Bro
Bindings MBS F5 - need to buy heelstraps soon
ESC Focbox Unity
ESC Enclosure Apex Customs Lacroix Stormcore/FOCBOX Unity Enclosure
Battery 12S6P 30q w/ Smart BMS - Built by Apex Customs
Battery Enclosure ??
Motors MT 6365 170KV from DRI

Many thanks to

@ApexBoards
@DRI
@RipTideSports
@Haeroboards
@MBS

April 23rd - Bro Deck arrives

May 20th - mmmm Maybe Ill build the tipo out first with MBS trucks. My mind changed when my battery discharged itself to death overnight on my hummie. I wanted a board with a Smart BMS. Sold the battery and decided that MTB would be best.

July 23rd - Gear drives and trucks arrive

August - Busy month and not a lot of building but these parts from @DerelictRobot come

Shit, I dont have axles for these trucks and theres a cool MTB meetup in Stroud on Sept 13th

Guess Ill use the MBS trucks

Sept 12-13th - MTB Weekend in Stroud

Amazing weekend, many thanks to the @ApexBoards team for helping me finish the build in time for the weekend, especially Q. Steve Birkbeck planned an amazing day out :love_you_gesture:

Oct 16-20th

Took a few spills and my body has just got back to normal so now its time to switch over to these lovely RKPs. I received the axles when I was in Stroud so had no excuse not to change the trucks over.

16-17th - I changed the front truck and then took the board around the golf course.

18-19th - Replace the rear MBS Matrix 2 truck with the RKPs.

20th Oct - Go for a quick spin around the block with nothing but my board,helmet and remote… I ended up going around the golf course again :rofl: . I am in love with these things.

49 Likes

Looking great man. Hope I get to try those trucks out one day.

5 Likes

Looking good Moon

1 Like

Moon’s 1st build thread! :partying_face:

I like the black look of the board! Surprised you went with orange baseplates though. Also crazy to see people switching from channel trucks back to RKP/TKP on their mountainboards :laughing:

4 Likes

These trucks were going to go on a tipo with a raw drivetrain. That didn’t happen as the gear drives and hangers got anodized black. So thought I’d experiment with a different colour for the baseplate.

2 Likes

WOW, WOW, WOW

4 Likes

Great work @moon! Trucks look amazing on the Bro.

1 Like

Vury. Noice.

1 Like

Yes Moonface! Looking great!

2 Likes

@moon has a working board, 2020 is weird
tenor (1)

9 Likes

Omg I’m watching this thread for sure BRAVO @moon :star_struck:

7 Likes

Grate work! I like your trucks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What my redesign of the RKPs looks like at the moment, saved about 120 grams from the prototype sets. Makes it lighter than MBS Matrix 2s with hollow axles

25 Likes

Thaaaaat is some noiiice truck design :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Very impressive, I always wondered if your CAD skills are selftaught or you also had a study for it, what do/did you study btw?

2 Likes

Self taught

6 Likes

now I definitely want these :smiley:

3 Likes

How you gonna not tell me how much lighter?!

We all want to know…

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’ll take them.

9 Likes