Molicell P42 20s8p interesting !

Hi guys i have one question,i have new builded battery Molicell P42 20s8p,and on 160 amps draw i have 9-10 v sag, all groups sag at from 4.1 3.7v and that is ok,but just group 7 sag to 3.5v .Is it possible that resistance of one o more cells ae different,pack is balanced at 0,001v.
When is charging that group is ok lets say 0.008v higher when charging but discharging is big difference.

1 Like

Damn. What are you doing to draw 160A from the battery?

Welcome to the forum btw.

7 Likes

18 Likes

Oof me want

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. Looks like one of the cells could be defective. Is the sag difference present from the day 1 or it has developed over time?

@Battery_Mooch could be helpful here.

1 Like

Battery does not have 1 cycle,it is fresh new,all cells bought at Nkon and Poland company builded the battery,strange,that is just visible in realtime Antbms app and just that group 7,now im not sure is this resistance or maybe one bad cell,but stranhe new cells

2 Likes

2 Likes

Either loose weld or broken cell in that group. Also, what thickness have those nickel strips?

2 Likes

0,2 mm

ok thats fine, in that case that pack should be good up to 180 amps max

You see how far this community has gone in battery assembly when this one looks as a “decent” job only.

You guys have spoiled us with top notch batteries.

5 Likes

yes im using max 160 amps peak and max 80 amp continous,but that group is give thing to think about,im not sure is it bad or resistance in new cell is different

1 Like

This is Polish company that do batttery for many years.

2 Likes

check the welds, if there’s nothing one of the cells has higher resistance, which means its broken. that can always happen, even with top notch companies.

1 Like

i will go mad ,i must take dessembly complete bike and send battery because one cell :smiling_face_with_tear:

hahahaha :laughing: You can also just watch it for a while and see if it gets worse or better.

1 Like

i did simillar situation last year with Samsung 30q same shit,battery was fine but from begining one gropu was like this and after half i year group was very bad,bud is not ok to mix battery later on ,it is best to do it now when they are new

thats true, seems like you have to do it then

you can expect alot of sag from 4.x volt at 20A draw per cell:
(not sure if you have p42A or P42B?)

So that sounds normal. My guess is that theres a bad connection for one of the cells in that pgroup. Might want to double check the sag manually with a multimeter tho just to have a sanity check.

1 Like