Molicel P42A sourcing UK

Hey guys

For my EMTB build I am planning on making a Molicel P42A 12S6P pack, however they seem to be out of stock at Fogstar Wholesale. Does anyone know any other reputable suppliers that are UK based?

Fogstar do have the Samsung 40T cells in stock at the moment, this looks like a good alternative to the Molicel P42A cells. What would you guys recommend, get the 40T cells or wait for the P42A cells to be back in stock?

Wholesale.18650.uk has stock

You need to create a wholesale account bit not bad prices.

I got mine from fogstar but have ordered other stuff from these

Edit. Sorry thought I had ordered from these before but don’t think I did, can’t find any records.

Maybe someone else has and can confirm if they are good

3 Likes

How is shipping from nkon.nl?

1 Like

Fogstar are authorized distributors and NKON aren’t, NKON are (as far as I know) very reputable but they are getting their cells from somewhere else

1 Like

Thanks guys :grinning:

This looks like a good option, can anyone very that they are a reliable supplier?

I don’t really want to order from outside UK, I paid a shit load of important tax when ordering parts from Germany and Poland recently.

That’s good to know! What about wholesale.18650.uk?

1 Like

That thread I linked is specifically on the subject of molicel distribution, top post has a table of vendors. They’re not on that list, but the thread does explain there are other places that get their sources from an authorised distributor. Maybe ask any vendor you’re interested directly? Or do a search for their name here and Google. I’m not a battery or sourcing expert btw, I’ve just been hanging around the forums and remembered that similar topic coming up before

1 Like

https://ru.nkon.nl/
It‘s for you the same as for me… (non-eu)

I just got my cells (also p42a) from them

2 Likes

I ended up buying my cells from Wholesale.18650.uk, thanks for the recommendation mate :blush:

2 Likes

I ordered from Wholesale.18650.uk on Sunday night and the cells arrived this morning. I’'m very impressed with their next day delivery service.

3 Likes

Maaan they’re not messing around

1 Like

Is that how they shipped them? That looks pretty insecure?
Interested to know what the variance in cell voltage is.

4 Likes

It was pretty securely packaged. This box was inside a larger tougher box with loads of those packing peanuts surrounding it.

1 Like

Not really an ideal way to ship cells.

Whenever i order an odd amount of cells, they always come in individual boxes.

I hate it :rofl: Always buy in 100qtys.

3 Likes

That does looks way more secure, but damm you gonna be opening boxes for days lol

Some kind of cardboard crate divider structure would be ideal I guess.

1 Like

That’s how Fogstar ship them and that’s the best way.

Im sorry they are out of stock, we bought the last of them a few weeks ago!

3 Likes

Nice. I think it’s best to buy from Fogstar Wholesale because the are an authorized distributor as @mr.shiteside explained and their packaging is better.

But I it seems like Wholesale.18650.uk might be a good alternative. I’ll update your guys after I have tested the cells.

1 Like

Good luck with your build, now the fun can begin :grin:

1 Like

18650 store ships theirs with dividers, pretty nice

1 Like

It looks like it’s sent by someone selling a few cells on eBay. I’ll reiterate to check the cells.

4 Likes

nah it’s fine, just weld them and cross your fingers that you don’t have one at 4.28 and one at 2.6V
/s

4 Likes