Molicel INR-21700-P50B

cries in 110v

4 Likes

Yeah its 220V. But where I live for college we have a 10A breaker so that limits me to like 23-24A at 21S (2200W) xD

just an fyi

putting the chargers in series will triple the voltage, not the A :kissing_heart:

I don’t see a problem

1 Like

I know that’s the joke. :upside_down_face:

Cmon man

4 Likes

dam you really quoted like bits of the same statement😂

the committment to the bit!

2 Likes

I’ve totally nevah done this :see_no_evil:

Noooooo - you’re supposed to go 18s → 20s → 2xs ->>>>> :grin:

1 Like

Mooch is holding 4 P50b’s.

18650battery store has P30B in stock at 10$US per

3 Likes

Always, bb

1 Like

Gonna’ hold an auction to fund my retirement. :joy:

Rated 5000mAh, 60A non-continuous discharge, 25A charge, but running it that hard will of course reduce its cycle life.

Production is rumored to start by the end of the year but hopefully, like the P42A and P45B, sample cells will be available much sooner than that. I am sure they will be priced pretty high though until production begins and a lot more of them are available.

The “not for e-cig…” warning is just a standard CYA legal statement, nothing in Molicels has changed.

My Patreon supporters will see the test results later this week but I’ll eventually be making the results public.

10 Likes

Ill start the bidding at tree fiddy. :joy:

How long until you release the info publically, if you dont mind me asking? Would like to hear if those ratings are like the P42A where its “45A” but more realistically 30A for our uses, or if theyre actually legitimate.

Also, its rated 60A non continuous, do they give a continuous discharge current rating?

2 Likes

If you like to keep up on battery news, testing, tech, and learning resources, subscribing to Mooch’s patreon is well worth a couple bucks a month. It’s like a subscription to a battery tech magazine.

This goes for anyone in this thread, not calling you out specifically

7 Likes

You got a link?

1 Like
8 Likes

I don’t know yet.

The ratings for Molicels are legit for the applications their cells are targeting…power tools, electric vacuum cleaners, etc. The rating is for non-continuous use with a temperature limit, typically 80°C.

This is what the engineers for the companies designing Molicels into their packs want. Unfortunately it makes comparing Moli’s to other cells hard to do without testing for the true continuous rating.

No, just the 60A rating. It’s certainly not a true continuous current rating but perhaps the P50B will be the first with a true 40A rating.

4 Likes

Been running a 12s4p 45b pack for a few months. The cells are a godsend in this cold Canadain weather. Can’t see myself going back to 42a unless really need to save some $.

5 Likes

Are you running them in below freezing temps? I know you should never change a cold battery, but maybe discharging has a little more flexability.

1 Like

Down to around -10°C. I let it sit for a while before charging it back up.

Haven’t noticed battery sag due to those temps, while other boards drop about 10-20%

3 Likes

Oh interesting. Good to know. I wonder how that effects long term battery health.

1 Like