Molicel INR-21700-P50B

https://www.molicel.com/event/molicel-showcased-groundbreaking-ultra-high-power-cell-inr-21700-p50b-at-ces-2024-redefining-the-ev-hypercar-industry-with-mcmurtry/

Hyper esk8 battery announced.

I sense salivation.

7 Likes

As nice as these cells are, don’t expect to use them in esk8s anytime soon. I think it will take at least 6-12 months for them to be sold in the shops where we buy our batteries, and even then it will be 10$+ per cell for a good while before the price drops to tolerable amounts.

With that said, I can’t wait for them to be available, I will probably upgrade my highest performance board to them as soon as I can buy them…

6 Likes

Agreed, it will follow the same price/availablity curve their other popular high power cells. My prediction…$14.99 at least when first small bunches of sample cells show up at the retail vendors.

With a discharge rating over 100A (non-continuous!) and 25A charging this will be a cell capable of handling some crazy high power setups. Short cycle life at these levels, of course, but sometimes performance is more important. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

That’s a lot per cell

That’s a LOT per cell

That’s A FUCKING LOT per cell

5 Likes

25A charging gonna have more people burning their houses down

2 Likes

I was kind of hoping that the every new offering of higher capacity and performance would reduce the price of the previous latest and greatest.

I have not been following long enough, but did the release of the p45b reduce the price of the P42a?

I see the p28a is cheaper than the P26a on Liion wholesale, so maybe it does not work that way.

P42as have gone down in price. For our quantity levels, they were around 4.80/EA a year ago. Now they’re 4.60ish

1 Like

They’re trying to keep up with @poastoast’s 21s3p charging

3 Likes

you knoowww i finna charge faster! XD

4 Likes

If they can even buy a 25a charger - good luck lol

1 Like

I mean the reason houses are going to burn is because somebodies going to ask how to put 3 8A chargers in series or some shit on Reddit & you’re going to see some fucking unholy abomination

4 Likes

You can. I found a supplier lol.

3 Likes

Unless you’re running puny batt voltages that’s gonna be 220v+

12S 25A is just under a household breaker lol.

^^^

Awh cmon 12S aint THAT bad.

4 Likes

Get with the times :kissing_heart:

I did - went 18S, its nice, next board is gonna be back to 12S lol.

4 Likes

I have a charger on the way from alibaba that can do 12S-21S at 0-30A lol

220v tho again to get the higher watts

2 Likes