Moderators/staff serious after 150. Serious. 😂

Thats how it looks to me as well. And if thats how it went down, thats not great.

6 Likes

Yes, many of us have been in contact with Bill. He is currently respecting his account suspension. Don’t want to put any words in his mouth, but he seems saddened by these events.

6 Likes

Somebody had to say it…
I hate to think that this is what happened but given the information and the current climate of how we’re receiving information this seems like the most likely scenario.

8 Likes

That’s the most logical conclusion.

4 Likes

What evidence is there that he was actively trying to cover the situation up vs just trying to see how it’d play out? It seems malice it being attributed to inaction… Had they sat on the evidence for a couple weeks before this stuff got posted you’d have a leg to stand on IMO in terms of it being a coverup.

From my perspective it seems some people weren’t happy with how quickly the situation was being dealt with and tried to take it into their own hands, all while kinda bending the rules themselves to make it happen.

What do you do with mods who break the rules even if it’s for the “right” reason.

Definitely a clusterfuck…

3 Likes

Are you serious?
The mod that caused all of this was not demoted or silenced as fast as the ones that exposed him.

5 Likes

Hmmm definitely forgot about that could be new policy after mmaner post or whatever.

I’ve had my fair share of disagreements with that guy over the years but he’s been part of the community for longer than most. I think most people can understand why he was given extra slack even when it shouldn’t of happened…

I’m guessing the mods had a discussion about releasing the information or not if everyone agrees to see how it plays out then someone turns around and starts publicly posting about it… What are you supposed to do in that situation?

This saddens me the most.

5 Likes

It shouldn’t of happened, I think anyone can admit that from this position of hindsight.

Maybe they learned from their mistake and made sure it didn’t happen the other 2 times…

I still have yet to see any concrete evidence of a cover up.

It’s all a lot of he said she said atm. Yet to see evidence of anything really. But when only one side is able to tell the story it definitely paints a questionable picture.

3 Likes

9 Likes

The forum is having it’s time of the month again but this time its pretty serious…

aubuX1o

12 Likes

Ive been so busy with my promotion at work that I barely have had time to do the deep dives I usually do. I finally get some time to come back only to Find these shenanigans…

SHENANIGANS!!!

btw make @Venom121212 a mod and @kook a mod. Then make a buddy cop drama about the two of them taking down the scum on this website!!!

9 Likes

This is why i framed it as my opinion, not statements of fact. Hopefully all the details and evidence from every player in this situation will become public soon, though I doubt it.

1 Like

lost as mods

hopefully not from the community.

4 Likes

ill play the little fanboy following them!

1 Like

Forgetting Wanda on that list too.

7 Likes

That sounds more like Fear and Loathing on Esk8s to me :joy:

5 Likes

thank you for taking an interest. we am responding because you asked about the status of our site and do not wish to disrupt your discussion about moderators or staff selection. it was immediately pointed out to us to read more before asking questions and that is what we intend to do.

you are correct we are in the process of building our platform and are not ready to publish to the world. esk8 enthusiasts are rightfully critical of new companies that come to market.

we understand electric skateboards are an extremely complex engineering challenge and the pitfalls of the esk8 hype cycle.

our plan is to avoid the the mistakes that so many other brands made that caused them to windup the company and be one of the few long lasting esk8 brands that stand the test of time.

we do have experience in running very successful forums and suggest users learn about the multiple methods staff can read users private messages. it seems like the forum is based in the states so we encourage everyone to learn the facts and laws about privacy breaches there.

https://www.itgovernanceusa.com/data-breach-notification-laws

-electricskateboardbuilder

4 Likes

Every now and then you run up on one of those days when everything’s in vain … a stone bummer from start to finish; and if you know what’s good for you, on days like these you sort of hunker down in a safe corner and watch.

3 Likes