Moderators/staff serious after 150. Serious. ๐Ÿ˜‚

So heres a new concept for all of us. Why donโ€™t we try a little democracy this time?

It seems we are at a moderation turning point and maybe this time instead of the remaining staff choosing who oversees the staff issues then how about the contributing members do?

We pay for this place so maybe letting the community vote on who moderates is the best way forward.

Thoughts?

22 Likes

I put this in this category because the categories are a bloody shambles.

10 Likes

36 Likes

i read your PMs and saw this post coming 0_0 haha

19 Likes

If it can be kept serious I think itโ€™s a great idea.

7 Likes

sounds great.
can you be more explicit about what this is really all about? Something about PM privacy, democracyโ€ฆ like having moderator election and term limits?

3 Likes

I just wanna put this here, and write it in stoneโ€ฆ

I donโ€™t want any part of a community that considers me as a leader

22 Likes

Dammit. You had my vote

5 Likes

I nominate @xsynatic for mod

โ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s all I got, need more time to think about it.

7 Likes

my first action would be to ban meโ€ฆ

13 Likes

:rofl:

16 Likes

I think people should have to throw their hat in the ring before they get any votes.
Being a moderator/admin is something you have to somewhat want to do because it is a pain in the ass.

13 Likes

You are right, but he could need a little nudge to realize at least one of us think he is fit for the job.

1 Like

I think we all got this, at the very least, because of recent events.

2 Likes

I like bad luck schleprockโ€ฆ but i think his bad juju would fuck-up this place

3 Likes

Even when there isnโ€™t drama itโ€™s just kinda a weird responsibility. You basically babysit adults alldayโ€ฆ

9 Likes

Am I misunderstanding? Isnโ€™t this LHBโ€™s forum? Has there been some feedback that makes us think this action is going to received well?

Seems presumptuous to go down this path without support or blessing.

6 Likes

And then get complaints for doing so

3 Likes

I think after resent events itโ€™s not asking much. Especially on a community funded forum.
I could be wrong tho.

2 Likes

Well, this thread could be the place where he would tell us to fuck off or agree. I think this should be discussed in public and answered the same way.

2 Likes