Minnesota riders

Reached out to a few of you and sounds like there would be some interest in getting a Minnesota group ride going this summer!

The stay at home initiative for Minnesota right now goes until April 10th. So maybe we can shoot for the weekend after next as the first possible ride, we can see how things are shaping up this next weekend if Minnesota changes its initiative plans or not. Im in the Minnetonka area, feel free to reach out to me and hopefully we can get a sweet group ride going!

Current Plan - As of now keep an eye out on this group thread. Once we have an update on the Corona stay at home initiative it will be updated. Lets continue to post were we live in relation to the state, when we do get the go ahead from MN health department we will setup an official time/place. After we have our first group run we will have a better grasp on the group skill/routes/distance for future meetings. I am also going to work on getting us a couple pizzas post ride for our first meet up :blush:. Maybe even get some Tshirts in the works down the road if we get a consistent group.

Rider List:
@Drag1197
@ElectricCruiser
@whaddys
@Davewesh
@Posterduck
@ksfacinelli
@Coltonray1

8 Likes

I applaud your optimism but this isn’t gonna be over any time soon

8 Likes

@Scepterr well im a glass half full kinda guy but you may be right. Still nice to get the idea going, see how many esk8 minnesotans are out there atleast

4 Likes

I am from Minnesota East Metro, and am interested in this idea!
But yes i must agree this group get together ride will have to be much later after all this covid blows over.

2 Likes

just don’t cough on my board

4 Likes

Stay at home order for the U.S. Is April 30th

2 Likes

Me on my BDAY this year

5 Likes

Where in Minnesota? I have a buddy in Dillworth that I built a board for and I’m in Casselton (20 miles west of Fargo).

I agree with most people in that the Quarantine isnt going to end anytime soon. But its good to know we’ve got some other people somewhat nearby that are interested in the same thing.

2 Likes

@grumpypuppy108 Really, the MN department of health website says only till April 10th https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html

@Davewesh sounds like a few of us are scattered around the twin cities area. But once we get a solid group going, as long as there’s some decent routes where you live in MN I’m sure we could figure out a carpool of people that are interested to shred new spots.

1 Like

I’m sure if we got an event going we could find a place around the area - I’m happy to drive a few hours for a meet up if one happens.

That said, I am mostly a eMTB kind of guy (along with my buddy). So we’ve been thinking about going to Maplewood and trying to climb the hiking trails/atv trails.

2 Likes

Lived there for a few years :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Blaine, Dinky Town, Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove. Twin cities should be awesome for Esk8 group rides.

3 Likes

Just an FYI to all MN riders, there is a boosted mpls group that does 1 or 2 group rides a month and all are welcome. At this point only about 1/4 are actual boosted riders, but I am the only diy rider. We get a mix of boosted, evolve, meepo, 2 electric unicycles, and about 4 very skilled onewheel riders. It would be great to get some more coustom builds in the group.
All rides are currently postponed for obvious reasons until further notice.

3 Likes

Hit me up with the details on this if there are any - going out there once a month (its about 4 hours one way) isn’t a big deal realistically. Might even be enough to get the wife to start learning how to ride a board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Put me down for a rider list in Minneapolis…have two diy boards.

1 Like

@davewesh Haha there you go!

Current Plan - As of now keep an eye out on this group thread. Once we have an update on the Corona stay at home initiative it will be updated. Lets continue to post were we live in relation to the state, when we do get the go ahead from MN health department we will setup an official time/place. After we have our first group run we will have a better grasp on the group skill/routes/distance for future meetings. I am also going to work on getting us a couple pizzas post ride for our first meet up :blush:. Maybe even get some Tshirts in the works down the road if we get a consistent group.

2 Likes

So far, Minnesota (and neighboring states) riders list:

@Drag1197
@Scepterr
@ElectricCruiser
@whaddys
@grumpypuppy108
@Davewesh
@Posterduck
@ksfacinelli

4 Likes

Thats a good idea, I’ll keep a running list at the top. @Scepterr might be NYC tho? How about @grumpypuppy108 ?

1 Like

Same mine is this weekend.

I’ll celebrate it by trying to do SMT repair lol.

This is really the worst time to be like 80-90% done with a build or trying to repair one.

1 Like

hell yeah @Drag1197 :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: I LIKE HOW U THINK

:beer: :beer: cheers brother, it’ll be a year before anything from China shows up

2 Likes

lol yes I’m in NY, I troll in all 50 states though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes