Mini remote mod with thumb control

Does it really work just with the 1S lipo? No regulator/diode?

1 Like

I know anecdotal evidence does not prove anything, but I have been using a Mini Remote on straight 1S lithium-ion (4.2V max) for years now with no issues. The 18500 cell lasts so ridiculously long though, that even with daily use over 2.5 years I think I’ve only charged it maybe 3 or 4 times? So most of the time it is not running at the full 4.2V

This is with no regulator or diode.

5 Likes

I used a vape lipo for this and it’s A-Ok.

@Battery_Mooch although it’s a lipo and not a cyclical cell, you might be amused to see direct harvest of vape guts into Esk8 gear.

Disposable vape lipo -> remote battery.

6 Likes

That’s a neat size, how many mah is that lipo?

They are 350mah.

1 Like

Does anyone have a set of the needed components that I can buy? Don’t really wanna wait the 1.5 month delivery time from China.

1 Like

I have a MicroUSB charge port and a charge indicator but not the exact same charge indicator

It’s more of a square than long and skinny

2 Likes

Made another one :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Man, resin printers are so cool

4 Likes

Clearly

8 Likes

Would anyone be interested in buying resin printed remote shells from me? I can completely finish the shell ready for you to install the parts into it.
I am from Belgium so if there is some request from the usa maybe a group buy can be done to save shipping.
Let me know :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Hey everyone,
I also did this mini remote mod for my latest project.

Unfortunately the receiver loses connection when the remote is pushed all the way up or down (it’s about the last 3mm up or down).
Was anyone facing this problem yet?
I absolutely don’t know if it’s the receiver/transmitter or motor controller.

Kind regards
Fisatec

1 Like

How likely would it be for you to print the puck puck Bruce mod and at what cost?

2 Likes

Hey @jaatis, I love the mod and just printed myself one. Would you mind sharing the design files for the shells as well? At the moment there’s a step file for the thumb wheel but not the rest of it, I wanted to make some small mods and am no good at modifying stls

Edit: oh no, last seen sept 2020

2 Likes

Sometimes summoning works.

2 Likes