Mini remote, a retrospect.

miracles happen every day

1 Like

Doing cool stuff here…

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response.

Yes. I ordered a few and built some of the mini thumb wheel mods someone made and mostly they were fine

I got a couple of the newer design ones they had real funny, very notchy throttle pot output as shown on the vesctool on setup. These ones were distinguishable as they used small jst plugs instead of having things soldered to the boards. I have never tried again and just stuck with gt2bs for specific cheap remotes

2 Likes

I should mention it here.
I have so far gotten 2 Z-mote trigger versions.

I only have about 40 Miles on them total.

But they felt totally familiar. And to me the transition from Mini to Z-mote was very seemles.

I have pretty much only used Minis and I love them.
But I have been getting weirded out by concerns on the overall build quality.

So. If you are like me, and you loved the feel of the Minis this may be for you.

5 Likes

I don’t even like trigger remotes any more but all your zmote photos are giving me remote envy.

4 Likes

get the thumb wheel version Future Man.
I have to say the lights are really silly and surely unnecessary…

But they look so so so cool.

So the other ones I ordered have the lights too.

1 Like

I wanna try both :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah.
I tell you what.
If I was part of a company making skateboards to sell I might keep a few of each in stock to offer to people as an option…

I would assume you see lots of ex evolve users that may prefer a trigger option…

2 Likes

Definitely. Been finding that quite a lot of people don’t like the puck/poastmote/ppb geometry, so this looks like a great alternative.

2 Likes

Do you know where carries the old version? I’ve been buying a few minis recently for science but the last 3 I got were all yellow PCB with just plugs instead of soldered (old version used green PCB). I’ve noticed with these I get more interference than the old design and the throttle is “jumpy” like at 100% it can briefly invert it’s signal to -100% according to VT

this is trash

4 Likes

I want the old mini remote back. This new version

1 Like

Where exactly did you obtain those 3? Links are even better.

Amazon Canada, it’s like the only/cheapest one on there. Idk if I’m buying the exact same listing every time.

Try AliExpress, for science

1 Like

I might just. I need another 2-3 of these anyway for my projects and testing.

At worst they’re a cheap source for components lol.

Nah man since I got two of the shit ones I never ordered again I assumed the factory was changed :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I saw remotes with green boards and different connectors mentioned. Can someone dissasemble theirs and send a picture from all sides of the board? Even small, what would seem meaningless changes can actually make lot of difference.

3 Likes

This is my assumption as well but I’m still gonna order a couple from china to see if I can get my hands on more of the old bulletproof hardware

1 Like

Those are the two I can find right now idk where the rest are

JST headers for potentiometers are desoldered on the yellow PCB

4 Likes