Mini Pneumatics (5 inch tires)

hahaha… I’m trying to wrap my head around the proportions - what’s the width? needs a flatter profile, like Hummie would have it.

1 Like

you can stretch them dude. no problems.

2 Likes

oke, awesome. Thanks for sharing with me, I will keep this in mind.

whats the quote for the hubs only?

2 Likes

still early stages, not totally sure yet. I am still working on costs, but it will be reasonable.

5X5.

I don’t think you’ll get a flat profile, it want’s to be a sphere.

3 Likes

not pushed far enough… @CHAINMAILLEKID

3 Likes

There is also this. I Have wanted 5 inch pnuemetics for the best part of 2 years.

2 Likes

hah nice, I am determined to make this work!

1 Like

So was I haha. 27 factories, hundreds and hundreds of emails and conversations.

You just need to get lucky and find the one but the truth is there are no 5 inch molds in the market because no wheelbarrows/carts/fork trucks require them. Fresh molds are pricey and complicated. Ask @JJHoyt

7 Likes

okay thanks. This definitely hurts. I am going to keep looking though just to see what is possible. Potentially working with more local factories, idk. Hopefully I can find something.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t see the appeal in wider tires at this small size. Can someone explain to me why? All it seems like you’ll be doing is increasing contact patch and reducing range. For a 5in tire, I’d say somewhere between 1 to 2in would be the sweet spot.

The problem with 5 in tires is the speed rating. Mostly anything coming out of China right now is going to be rated sub-15mph. They will have to be custom and tested a lot, otherwise you are selling baby carriage wheels.

6 Likes

Found something here, but the communication is a mess.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-wholesale-kart-small-tyre-tube_60257617541.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5fIa00p5&bypass=true

1 Like

yeah i am helping @surfnacho with it
brent is probably right about factories not doing it unless large order quantities however some are able to do it and i have specifically said for hi speed

You could integrate the pulley in the rim, so you would be able to make a nicer rim design. 42-44t should work just well.

1 Like

really interesting especially the second one

i have asked for specifications and cad design to change the outer side of the hub to be a perfect fit

Just don’t be over euphoric. I am trying to get samples for one year now and can’t get my hands on 125cm pneumatics.

2 Likes

yeah i get you

i spoke with a couple factories and am speaking with more now
most either want 10000+ tires ordered or they will charge like 100$ per tire

hopefully i will find 1 who agree to do it for lower quantity

1 Like

Is this the exact phrasing?

4 Likes