Mini Pneumatics (5 inch tires)

I voted on my own poll by mistake, how do I unvote, lol

1 Like

I don’t know how practical or possible this is, but I am very interested in a tubeless tire. Kind of like a car tire is, just hub and tire, no tube. Do you think you can design something like this? With a valve stem built straight into the hub, and pulley mounted to the hub, so the hub would not be modular and the tire would have to be stretched onto the hub…like a car tire.

2 Likes

Hey Artem, thanks for commenting. I would definitely be open to exploring this in the future. Right now, I really want to focus on the 5 inch tube tires, as I already have interest, and quite a bit of CAD time, material sourcing, and factory research.

But I am always open to new ideas, and would love to talk more about this with you!

Anshul

2 Likes

Aya aya! I will deffiently be in for the 5 inchers :call_me_hand::sunglasses:

1 Like

sick! glad to hear! :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Tires are the issue. Get the tire made before you spend another second on the wheel, please trust me on this.

I’ve shat away literally hundreds of hours talking to asian factories about 5" tires.

You need the tires in hand and you need to test them because if your factory makes a shit wheel you’re dead in the water. Getting a factory to custom make a mold for less than a 5k MOQ is difficult and any factory that says they will is likely to back out last minute and demand more or send you something unsafe.

You’re 70 emails deep and paid for samples, perfected your wheel and you get “sorry engineer say too few for custom, you need order 10000 units for make”

23 Likes

@Halbj613 has been in contact with the factory. He knows better than I do about this.

Hopefully he can shine some light on this issue.

Thanks for sharing though. Hopefully we can overcome this potential roadblock

1 Like

100% fail.

21 Likes

haha okay

1 Like

I think you forgot a couple zeros :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

you need to talk to the factory not Shau.

7 Likes

Yes, you are correct. I will get in touch with the factory, but Shua has been helping out, as he was the one who came to me.

4 Likes

Shua told me that the factory could have a sample ready 1-2 weeks after we send a 3d model. Again, the factory could totally be talking crap like @Brenternet said. I will def look into this though.

Not hating on Shau, but he has messed up a lot of times. I would personally not lean on him for support in this matter and it would most likely turn out better if you got in contact with a couple factories yourself and asked for a couple prototype wheels to get made.

That’s my opinion and feel free to either take it or ignore it :grin::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

since it’s totally custom and unique, and you’re saying it’s possible to customize the rubber - then go wide! otherwise there’s no point. some here are even asking for 3.5inch! I’d be a fan of 2.5inches.

2 Likes

For sure, thanks for you concern. Shua has been very helpful thus far. But yes, I will look into a few different factories.

1 Like

@JJHoyt can probably fill you in on some of the hardships surrounding 5 inch wheels

4 Likes

I gave it a solid effort to see what that might look like.

5 front

11 Likes

Why not do something like this? This should work for bergmeisers, ali express 6x2 and six shooter hubs.

Here is the tire and tube. The tire is innova so I would expect a certain level of quality

https://nordicx.com/en/Spare-parts/Wheels-Tires-Bearings/Skating/INNOVA-125mm-Coat-5x1.html

https://nordicx.com/en/Spare-parts/Wheels-Tires-Bearings/Skating/Tube-for-125mm-wheel-5x1.html

2 Likes

hey thanks for reaching out. You know, I recently came across these.

could be promising.

If the tire factory doesn’t work out, we may have to resort to these, but they are quite thin.