Mini Pneumatics (5 inch tires)

You could integrate the pulley in the rim, so you would be able to make a nicer rim design. 42-44t should work just well.

1 Like

really interesting especially the second one

i have asked for specifications and cad design to change the outer side of the hub to be a perfect fit

Just donā€™t be over euphoric. I am trying to get samples for one year now and canā€™t get my hands on 125cm pneumatics.

2 Likes

yeah i get you

i spoke with a couple factories and am speaking with more now
most either want 10000+ tires ordered or they will charge like 100$ per tire

hopefully i will find 1 who agree to do it for lower quantity

1 Like

Is this the exact phrasing?

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beer Board :beers: ~ 2x Focbox ~ Carvon Prototype Drive 90mm ~ Caguama 85mm ~ Hoyt St. Puck ~

5x1,5 inch
Bad quality of sample I got. They said if they had and order big enough they will fix the mold.
Order should be 1000-2000 pcs.
Comunity group buy? :wink:

11 Likes

could you link that? what factory?

also no chance they would make smaller quantities?

lastly is the issue the tyre of just the mould not being perfect

1 Like

i said i need it strong for high speed application 35mph +

1 Like

what pneumatics are you making? @JJHoyt

as in what core and are they for your pre-built?

also when he said airless he didnt mean tubeless rather he was reffering to a solid tire

2 Likes

Nice will look into it

1 Like

I ment tubeless :call_me_hand::sunglasses: not solid, I used to watch my dad change his own tires in the Soviet russiaā€¦he used a crowbar to get the tire over the rimā€¦dont see why we couldnā€™t just use a screwdriver to stretch the tire over a rim.

6 Likes

Feel free, to let me know if you need testers.

2 Likes

Oh ok

I have found a couple solid tires but they are much thinner so not sure if they are nay good for dampening vibrations

Maybe will get some though

1 Like

They donā€™t give a geographically triangulated flying fuck about your requirements. Youā€™re speaking to a Shenzhen yes man. The answer to every question is yes even when the answer is no.

15 Likes

There are so many things you need to think about bud. solid tires above 25mph literally spin off the rims when they expand. Think hard here

5 Likes

In china you can actually get baby carriage wheels rated to 50mph thanks to the lucrative hobby of baby racing.

14 Likes

yeah i know

there is a more local company which will do it but they charge $$$

will see the best way to go around this

1 Like

It is clear that the probability of success is low, so if we have to pay a bit more and go with a more local factory, I am all for it. I think others would agree.

1 Like

yeah contacted them by email today and waiting for reply

i have contacted quite a few different companies will see how it all plays out

1 Like