Beer Board 🍻 ~ 2x Focbox ~ Carvon Prototype Drive 90mm ~ Caguama 85mm ~ Hoyt St. Puck ~

It should, do the input detection again. post screen shots of the VESC tool if that doesnt work.

2 Likes

@mmaner

2 Likes

I dont know due, that’s weird. Do you have another remote you can use to test the input with?

Unfortunately, no :frowning:

I might be able to steal one from @Argent for testing though

1 Like

sounds like a bad remote, cant be sure until you put a new remote on there and see if it works.

Haha, awesome!
I’ve done some tape-and-epoxy repairs in a jiffy at work before just to get through the job and some have held for YEARS, lol

Sucks that sexy remote is having issues… I wonder if there is any way to test that the remote is actually transmitting. That would take a lot of guesswork out

I’m not sure what you mean. The remote connects to the Vesc tool and I’ve only been using the input setup tool. I have it set to PID speed control no reverse with a PPM controller.

1 Like

I found an old nano remote last night. If i can find the RX, adn Im sure I can, Ill send it to you and you can test with it.

Thanks! I’m pretty sure I can test with @Argent’s remote, so can I PM you if I need it? You’ve already helped so much with the bluetooth module

1 Like

It’s all good. Im not planning on using so, so no big. If you find that you need it just let me know.

1 Like

I would love it if you’d be willing to find where that option is in the tool

@deckoz Somewhere in here?

@Argent tested out his flipsky remote on the board today and it worked with zero issues. That means that the issue not for sure is the Hoyt st remote.

@DerelictRobot you have close connections with Hoyt skate I believe. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be up with the remote?

2 Likes

@anorak234 How old is the remote? I know the earlier bamboos had a weak throttle pin that has since been updated. I’d guess that is what is broken, since you’ve got zero response on throttle, but you’ve got a pwm signal jitter at neutral coming in from the receiver & it’s paired correctly.

I’d recommend reaching out directly to them via their support channels, they’ve got great customer service and will get you taken care of.

3 Likes

The remote is from the builders group buy. Thanks for the help - I’ve gone through the support channel and hopefully they’ll respond quickly

1 Like

i was having similar issues with my hoyt. they replaced the internals of my remote free of charge. their support team is amazing. reach out to them, jeff will take care of you!

1 Like

So I fixed the remote:

But then the remote started having connection issues of all things. So I’ll be sending out another email to Hoyt. They were very kind and responsive with the thumb roller though.

Anyways I got a mini remote from @Argent and also duct taped the board bc I got tired of dealing with bolts every time I opened it up.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hoyt St Pneumatic Wheels

Great build but the only things that bums me out is that it’s premium stuff, Hoyt remote, carvon motor, 2 focboxes but the battery is only a 10S2P in 30Q
It’s dragging the whole board behind : you should get VTC6 or switch to 21700 cells to get more discharge ! Or a bigger pack but it would kill the small board vibe

3 Likes

I would love to upgrade this board and get a new sleek enclosure that isn’t half duct tape. Unfortunately covid forced me to leave it behind in Colorado. If school opens back up I’ll be able to use it and upgrade it again.

3 Likes