Mini FOC based on VESC6

With a full aluminum case and screw holes, these can easily be bolted to the bottom of the enclosure with a hole exposing the underside, just needs a 2mm gasket to keep water out

Make round holes in the enclosure and lathe a circular groove on the case, then you can use standard large diameter o-rings

4 Likes

It looks good! I plan to buy it!

2 Likes

IMG_20190705_233222_390

14 Likes

Man, you can hardly see that little thing

5 Likes

Itā€™s really impressive how small that thing is.
You could probably mount them sandwich style and together they would be just a bit taller than a single focbox :joy:
Had some delays with too much not planned traveling the last weeks but work on my battery already all day. Hope end of the week I can take mine out for the first test rides.
I think meanwhile also @linsus got his mini vescs. Interested what his thoughts about them as well.

4 Likes

I was already planning to do this. Back-to-back with maybe a piece of aluminum in middle

3 Likes

Exactly this. With it you save place for a bms easy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This looks suspiciousšŸ¤”

Anyone else tested this yet?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got 2 coming, Iā€™ll let you know how well they work when I get them. The specs look pretty good.

5 Likes

Tossing them on that new eMTB?

1 Like

Oh Lord no, 8 in wheels and a ton of amp draw in the dirt would likely be too much for it.

3 Likes

Nothing like a little stress test :laughing:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Very impressive performance out of such a small form factor.

I applaud the PCB design.

(But it could be even better with MOSFETs that are not from international rectifier ;), I can give some suggestions for alternatives :slight_smile: ).

4 Likes

can you elaborate what is your issue with them?

1 Like

We should have a thread specifically for International Rectifier devices

2 Likes

Ridiculous gate (miller) charge and as such horrible FOM, terrible rdson variation with temperature, cost, no small package sizes, lots of fakes and clones out there.

This list is not exhuastive.

The only thing they have going for them is avalanche ruggedness, which is why the vesc gets away without using any form of transient suppresion.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to help out with testing :slight_smile:
For " unknown reasons ", I have a build in need of a dual esc capable of foc :stuck_out_tongue: