Mini FOC based on VESC6

Yo that’s a dope mod

3 Likes

I cannot upgrade the firmware on my mini foc plus. It is still at factory v3.xy. vesc-tool says old and dangerous. After upload of new firmware v5.1 and reboot it is still at the old version.
Is this normal? How to proceed, please?

Update the bootloader first. Then update the firmware.

2 Likes

ok, done, success. thanks

3 Likes

SALE

Where are the orders sent from?
What is the delivery time for France?

1 Like

Sent from China. It takes about 10 days to ship to France. DHL

Whats the most amps people have managed to push with the Mini Foc Plus? - with heatsink and without. Not much written about them/not many people seem to have built with them. Here r their specs

I bought one for trying out during the black friday sale, but who knows when the weather will allow me to test it :confused: I’m gonna see if it’s good enough for a beefy single drive build.

2 Likes

ive got a pair of them and hoping to be able to run them comfortable at 50A each, but curious if anyone has pushed them higher using heatsinks for an eMTB, maybe at 60/70A

@Geo_Engineering_FTW
I have two. Each set to 50A battery and 80A motor.

I have had them stuffed inside the enclosure without airflow. I can get them to 75degC but only if that is my goal with the ride. Normally on my regular 40km route I’m around 55 degC on the flats and 65degC when accelerating more frequent. 20degC ambient.

My riding style is probably very conservative in comparison with some guys here though.

I will mount them to a piece of aluminium in my new build.

3 Likes

thanks for the info. ive just ordered these, perhaps this is what you have. curious as to why you’re going to add a heatsink - do you plan on upping the power? (is your new build quite different to the current one?)

Some headroom to the temperature limit is always good to have and I think I push my current system to its potential as it is.

I will build on a Hummie deck. It will be a bit more stable and allow me to feel more comfortable pushing the throttle.

In my case I’m sure a piece of 3mm aluminum inside the enclosure will be enough. Maybe integrate it to the enclosure to get additional airflow but I haven’t decided yet.

Anyone know if I can use this Trampa Canbus cable to connect 2 Mini Foc Plus’s ? (What do others use?)

No you can’t. Trampa use 2mm jst which is bigger than what is used on the mini foc escs.
Not sure how it’s right now, but mine came with a set of connectors and cables. I just soldered two of those together for the can connection.

1 Like

Mine came with 1, now paying £15 for them to send me another one. Thanks, good know the Trampa ones don’t work

I‘m sure you can find those connectors on Amazon.

@YUTW123 I have the new version with the cappacitor on the main wires, if I do use an antispark switch, could it be removed?

I have the new version too. Can I not use an anti-spark with it?

I’m pretty sure the capacitor is to decrease voltage spikes i.e. filter out the input/output to be cleaner. Needs to be there to protect the ESC. And because it’s there, you need an anti-spark or loopkey to prevent a massive current rush (i.e. spark) when turning it on.

1 Like