Miles Rampage, any thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Miles Rampage. It looks like and Evolve clone at a much cheaper price.

3 Likes

My first impression is that the truck hangers look really thin. But no experience with it

5 Likes

No experience with it, either. Looks like a rebrand of some sort. Always take budget AT battery claims with a huge grain of salt.

4 Likes

Raldey makes a similar board, BTW.

2 Likes

Yes, I do remember seeing that board and kind of forgot about it. I’ll have a look.

2 Likes

It’s built off the same OEM stock as the ownboard bamboo AT and whatever model that is, on paper specs are pretty plain but not terrible.

4 Likes

Never a great sign. Down for everyone?

1 Like

Yeah, this looks better to me than Miles or Raldey. Bit biased of late because I’ve been riding the clouds and pretty impressed.

6 Likes

I’ve been lead to believe that the Miles is produced by the same factory as Radley. You can basically consider them the same hardware wise.

Personally having ridden an Ownboard Bamboo GT, cloudwheels version, it’s phenomenal for the price. Good battery life. Still accels pretty quick and has hobbywing ESC smoothness, although the brakes lack a bit which is expected of the HW. Also fwiw an evolve pneumatic kit swaps directly on, belts and all, for a killer upgrade in comfort although the deck is already pretty great.

Imo the Ownboard Bamboo is exactly the type of board for someone who first bought a meepo or whatever hub motor board.

5 Likes

Didn’t someone die on a miles board last year?

2 Likes

Yeah Chace Numata died riding a Miles board at night with no helmet.

6 Likes

Oh yeah… The baseball player maybe?

1 Like

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Radley is just the latest Face of the company behind Halo board. But yeah the Bamboo looks dreamy on the foamies/cloud wheels.

2 Likes

3 Likes

These skateboard come from all same OEM.

7 Likes

Is it GMTEK aka Winboard?

1 Like

No. Winboard is not real maker.

6 Likes

who?
5char

Saw an update recently where as biz owner had to do a recall - at least he’s transparent about it. I do wonder because of the recall, how much is he screwed over. I hope manufacturers in the future stop doing nonsense like this.

1 Like

@spade, thanks for the heads up. Good to see he is honest and trying to correct the problem.

2 Likes