Miles Rampage, any thoughts?

Have to be completely honest here. I just received mine and risdinf and acceleration are great but haven’t had the best experience… SO FAR. I was told my board shipped multiple times and then I didn’t receive it , a week later they said that it was left on the truck so they shipped it out. I got the board and it won’t charge … lol they asked me to take the battery off and check the cable connections to make sure everything was connected . Did that, everything appeared connected and still not able to charge it . Getting it bolted back on was a little more of a pain, but … have been waiting on a reply since then… hopefully they get back to me soon as my experience gets pushed back weeks multiple times since ordering . Wish me luck

5 Likes

Hi Allen-

That sucks. I hope it gets sorted soon. I bumped your account so you won’t be limited in posting or messaging.

Welcome!

3 Likes

So, at this point it’s been 3 days and I’ve received no response via the initial communication method of email. I also left a voicemail for there customer service support team which I’ve had no reply what so ever . How should I proceed? I literally have a 1k lead brick sitting in my living room

3 Likes

@Adw55735 sorry to here that. As a person that considered one of there boards it’s very discouraging. The more I’m on this site the more I consider a DIY.

1 Like

These companies live on Instagram and Reddit. Post there about your troubles getting through to CS. It’s sad to say, but only the squeaky wheels get the grease with some prebuilt “makers.”

3 Likes

Yup, be your own customer service. I make it a point to have a spare for everything.

3 Likes

I got mine in the second batch. Which was a 2 month wait. So far it’s been good taking it through a wet field (water and mud on everything) it just had a few QC issues I had to address.

1 Like

And these were??

1 Like

Little things like the deck hardware being loose, wire management in the enclosure needed to be glued down and one big issue was the discharge connection from bms to esc was being propped up the the esc’s housing. I trimmed it a bit

4 Likes

Did these guys ever get back to you? I’m still waiting for them to send me one.

I have actually been following miles brand for a while and found a few concerning business practices. For one I have spoken to at least six people who have tried to get support through email and received no responses. Second, they started an MLM (multilevel marketing) “ambassadorship” which is in essence, a sleazy multilevel marketing scheme but legal. Thirdly as far as responsibility they rarely wore helmets in any of their videos, and did not promote any consumer safety awareness (at least when I was following them). Nothing is original from them, and I wouldn’t put a penny in their pockets. But that’s just me

1 Like

I just bought the MILES BOARD RAMPAGE to compare to my EVOLVE GTR CARBON & my EVOLVE STOKE. I ordered this board literally 72 hours ago and it’s already arrived so I was pretty stoked with shipping. It came in a well secured box and my board wasn’t damaged or scratched at all like some of the reviews.
I wasn’t expecting such a flexible deck but that’s fine I don’t notice as much when riding but it had some strange sounds and then I realized it was loose as heck and I had to race home and re-tighten the entire board. Wheels felt slightly rough but I’m not used to this type of wheels yet but overall for the price it’s definitely worth it, but compared to EVOLVE it’s lacking in several departments.

I’ll email them to make a connection to see how difficult service requests are but i could care less about them riding boards without a helmet we are all able to make our own choices and if they crash and hurt themselves they knew the risk & their organs can be used for someone else but to hate on a company for that reason seems hater-ish but you do you.

Evolve is definitely superior but this will be a nice board to let my friends ride when I need someone to cruise with!!

They are A+ for commercial boards at 1k$ usd.

If your a local to their HQ, rob speaks fluent mandarin. Matters only bc he took a call with the factory he had orders in.

That remote slider absolutely sucks though. Cancer.

Would mike beard come ride with you? Nope. I don’t even know who owns meepo, ownboard, vestar and the rest of the clones. fabi is in Sweden, can’t judge too hard there.

Sure, Jeff is cool, but he has his evolve corporate folk in tow. Also, a comparable evolve is 1.5-2k$.