MikEEEs hot wheels choose your own adventure.

Oh so your test runs were in “reverse”. ok. then it makes sense.

The two ways to solve that are:

Replug them. if they are plugged in to positions 1, 2,3. then you’ll want to plug em in 3,2,1. I think, but am not actually sure you should re run motor detection. (does that matter if there’s no hall sensors to detect? )

alternatively there’s a vesc setting “motor settings” -> “general” -> “general tab” -> “invert motor direction” but I think that’s usually downplayed. not sure why.

Take a good picture of the motor phase wires before and after if you mess with them.

What version of the firmware are you running?

don’t forget to drop your motor current max amps down from 60A to 25A or the lowest you can stand.

ill just inverte the motor direction in app setting should be fine

well that’s it I guess

Cheers m8 now its all good to go and I’m so happy I couldn’t tell you

Hope you have agreat day and a few beers to top it off :wink:

you where of valuable help

2 Likes

congrats. :slight_smile:

you never quite answered this one. what version of the firmware are you running?
you should be able to see it in vesc-tool. “firmware” section lower left section of the screen when you connect.

FW version 4.3 I believe i’ll double check tomorrow

1 Like

4.3 isn’t a version. 4.1 and 4.2 are.

cool.

1 Like

you son deserve a cocktail or three… adult libations on me when we meet!

2 Likes

I just wonder what the little scamp is up to?

he went in to…

SODDER

something… probably another hack at the sensor cut incident… but who knows…

never said word one about lowering amps on the motors…
took him like days to respond about his FW version…

hmmmm he’s up to something…

ya know @mikEEE in my minds eye I imagine you as a young Forrest Gump, not in cleverness, more in speech patterns, terms, etc…

this troubles me late at night…

1 Like

I’m so glad this thread exists. WHat a wild fucking ride

2 Likes

I have a feeling Mr. Kale (I know)… Mr. Toad has not finished this wild ride yet… (disney reference for @kadeanderson whose too cheep to by a k00k decoder ring and support esk8.news… shame)

3 Likes

well then you would be as smart as my math teacher, he knows best sad but arrogant thinks he has the world buy the ball’s, ill send you a slice of humble pie and tell you this there are people out there that actually live happy lives free of unwise negativity and poor choices because sometimes its better to speak fromthe stance of a learner then that of a teacher and the silver lining to this is you don’t know what you don’t know< aka I don’t care are smart you think you are at the end of the day you can’t know it all and your roofer or at least your plumber can attest to that

6 Likes

WHY DOES THIS POST ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND THE REST DONT AAAAAAA

6 Likes

don’t be bitter brother… we’re trying to help… ask me nicely to leave… and you’ll never see me again…

https://forum.esk8.news/t/best-replies-of-the-year-2020/19428/173?u=billgordon

obviously I hit bone… sorry… fuck if it makes you happy I muck horse corrals to make my meager pittance… and sleep in a manger… i give no fucks…

in life… you should understand, how you present yourself, and express yourself is very important… I come here straight off the cuff with the nick of k00k… i demand nothing… i require nothing…I start at a base below zero…

you come here with barely rudimentary english skills and comprehension, yeah we all judge…

now how do you choose to be perceived? believe it or not, it’s your choice…

I think others will see you thru… I’m now a plumber just to make you happi-happi joy joy… and you’re back on ignore for another two weeks (the most allowed)

i hope you listen and learn, that’s all i got for you…

hasta

1 Like

FW 5.1 Hw410*

also how do i disable smart revierse as i dont see it anymore and also how do i up the min voltage so both wheels spin when I lightyl touch throttle as only 1 spins

I updated motor current and brake to 23.33

1 Like

thanks.

How is your remote setup again? which remote ? is it PPM or UART?

If it’s PPM then “App settings” -> “ppm” -> “general tab” -> “control type”. set it to “current no reverse”
if it’s UART then “App settings” -> “VESC remote” - > “use smart reverse” set it to false.

I’ve never touched min voltage. If it moves on the ground I wouldn’t worry about this.

cool. hopefully this turns out to be usable enough it should help fight motor heat.

Holy mother of patiences. I’ve been bugging the guys on discord And Agniusm and I hope I’m not this difficult

2 Likes

If it’s PPM then “App settings” -> “ppm” -> “general tab” -> “control type”. set it to “current no reverse”

it auto wont lt me apply it quicky switches back to off

if it’s UART then “App settings” -> “VESC remote” - > “use smart reverse” set it to false.

under app setting i dont see any vesc remote option

1 Like

Doesn’t look like this? Don’t use these settings it’s just default.

2 Likes