MikEEEs hot wheels choose your own adventure.

first the motors will get really hot,
they will lose power as the heat rises
then you’ll smell enamel melting
then they will probably dead short the windings

depending on where the dead short is, it could be catastrophic… i.e. shorting between two phases…

3 Likes

will it still roll or lock up , it’s not like i could trust it anyways, im sorry i cand find my phone got lots of old pics tho , while i look for it , ill send them

and the fox boxes will be fine ?

I translate that to “lock up” throw you off the board. in the worst case. but maybe you stop as you smell it cooking? maybe you don’t and you take the fall.

Idk that one. shorted phase wires? can that damage the ESCs? seems like it might.

And yeah, @kook this is the thinking that gets one wanting to do jeff’s hack of thermal cutoffs start/end of 80c to 140c the long ramp slowing you down but the high cutoff preventing cutouts from noisy temp senssors…

2 Likes

So it shall be written.

7 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I’d like my title to be Douche “Nozzle” rather than douchebag, if’n it’s not too much trouble sir william!

1 Like

Come on @BillGordon MikEEE vouched for him.

3 Likes

There are some used 75kv eloftys for sale… Probably the best option if you want to be sure your raptor hubs dont explode during a ride…

P.s. Ive had several sensorless builds. All work fine without sensors (especially now with hfi)

5 Likes

That’s a good call there.

2 Likes

f8ca286bfe21e09d21255f51a70c5f68f89200a7_2_231x500 c53d809bc59a95581dc3368b2eddabddf89c1723_2_690x318

hopefully that’s good enough

how much can he get into a pair of those for?
I didn’t find any listings in my quick search.

@mishrasubhransu is selling a set for $200

imma take that gamble cuz its all about holdin the phone for a good bit say next summer

which gamble? I suspect you’re saying you want to buy those hubs off of @mishrasubhransu ?

I don’t have Temp. sensors on any of my boards… but one tends to get to know their motors… I hand check new motors and motors in general as the seasons change… I can really crank the amps in the winter, but have to scale back the amps as the summer heat comes up…

the one board I did have that had temp. sensors I added thermistors to the windings… worked really good till the switch to FW5 and all the temp sensor problems…

I simply depinned the temperature sensor from the plug… now that FW5.02 is a thing, and supposedly fixed, I might try out the new firmware… but probably not… the swap from Unity FW to VESC FW was a long and hard fought battle, and I’ll be gawd-damned if’n I’m going to open the enclosure on a working board just to repin the sensor…

I just hand check them occasionally… what could go wrong???

4 Likes

if in a year ive got an extra 1300$

I live on the sales threads. Always looking to buy shit I shouldn’t be buying

2 Likes

thanks meng!
:+1:t4: :heart: :crazy_face: :wave:t4:

its worth it i think