Metroboard charge port and charger

as long as it’s fused… you’re safe!!

1 Like

Well fuk me sideways then

Which one of these fuse holder things should I get?

1 Like

fuse holder?

I JB Weld or silicone the fuse to the inside of the enclosure or on top of the internal loopkey jack, or somewhere and just solder to it

3 Likes

d00d seriously… I like playin’ with science… just do science smart…

1 Like

Of course you would :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone have a link to a proper spst switch for these batteries?

What country are you in? If you fill out your profile, it helps people help you :sunglasses:

Done :+1: In Us
I looked up a few and found 12v ones they were momentary also but I thought they were supposed to be non momentary

@Bakack Yes, the Metroboard power switch for their older lineup is Cherry CRE22F2FBBNE

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/zf-electronics/CRE22F2FBBNE/CH799-ND/446065

3 Likes

10s8p metroboard battery 36v
What charger do I get? 36v 2 amp or 42v 2 amp?

1 Like

@b264 :arrow_up:

1 Like

Please link the chargers, because they are likely to both be the same voltage. Ebike companies have a history of lying about their battery voltages and being opaque about the actual series count of their batteries. Often they will label a 42.0V charger as “36V”

Also, do you want the highest QUALITY charger, the CHEAPEST (safe) charger, or the FASTEST charge?

In general, charging faster reduces the useful lifetime of the battery a little bit.

2 Likes

Hmm depends on price . Needs to be safe number one . Number two I want to be sure to have the battery last a long time. Let me see if I can link.

3 Likes

at 8P you would still be charging easily below 1C at 8/4A

Battery is big enough that you can use a “fast charger” and not impact cycle life much.

2 Likes

EVAPLUS Power Adapter DC Port Inline Connector for 36V Electric Bike Lithium Battery Charger, for 36V li-on Battery Pack, 42V 2A Charger, Diameter 5.5mm, 2.1mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088K64P3P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5kHlFbE52Y67C

Yeah so then I would recommend the Metroboard or Evolve chargers made by MDA, they are high-quality float chargers (not trickle chargers) and are both the same aside from branding.

2A version, 42.0V

4A version, 42.0V

like @Fosterqc said, if you’re 8P deep, then even the 4A charger will be a “slow” charge as far as cell lifetime is concerned. The 2A will be “ultra-slow” charge.

3 Likes

@Bakack if you put your country on your profile, folks can help you better. I was able to deduce you are probably in the USA by looking through your previous history, but it’s much more helpful if it’s on your profile.

2 Likes

Biggest problem is that I need it in five days or less :joy:. And I can use a 42v on a 36v battery?

I also have some here, I could overnight one if you replaced it. This is an off-the-shelf item for them though, I imagine probably Evolve could get it shipped faster than Metroboard.

2 Likes

Depends on whether this is “science” or “ebike jive”.

If it’s science, then no, you can’t use a 36.0V charger on a 42.0V battery.

If it’s ebike jive, then yes, often a “36V” charger outputs 42.0V if you measure it. But I would recommend not using or buying a charger unless it either says “42V” on it, or you personally measure the output with a multimeter. There is a lot of confusion in this area, as some folks like to put nominal voltages (or “lead-acid equivalent” voltages) on things, even if the nominal voltages aren’t even quite correct and are very misleading.

The bottom line is that if you have a “10S” lithium-ion battery, then it needs a charger that outputs 42.0V as measured by a multimeter. Once marketing departments get involved, then it’s no longer straight science.

3 Likes