Metr Pro Updates

Sorry if this has been asked before :slight_smile:
Is there plans to make it possible to display telemetry on your smartwatch (not iOS!)? If there was support for wear os it would be killer :smiley:

Scroll up my friend. This was discussed just a few posts before yours and answered a few times in this thread.

Metr Pro Updates - #1656 by rpasichnyk?

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk is the metr pro been able to update flexi BMS in the pipeline still?

Yes, still in the pipeline, but waiting for Simo to add support for firmware update over CAN

2 Likes

I think I figured it out.

Temporary modes do not support “Motor Current” in VESC firmware. These are the values supported:

current_min_scale  // try these
current_max_scale  // try these
min_erpm
max_erpm
min_duty
max_duty
watt_min
watt_max
in_current_min // battery current
in_current_max // battery current

I think it should be possible to achieve what you want by adding “Max Current Scale” to both modes.

4 Likes

How do i calculate Max current scale?

If the main mode has 20A and i put Max current scale at 2 it should be twice as much so 40A for the temp mode?

1 Like

Vesc Tool says this about “Max Current Scale”

Maximum current scale. This value is multiplied with the maximum current. It is a convenient method to scale the current limits without forgetting the actual maximum value.

Range of values from 0 to 1

I think a better idea is to put 40A and 0.5 as Max Current Scale for main mode. And put 1.0 Max Current Scale for temp mode.

3 Likes

This seems to have worked judging from the 2m i can ride inside my apartment lol.

I’ll give it a spin later under real circumstances.

3 Likes

Hey, looking at the GT 2 it runs huaweis own system and not wear OS. This gets me a bit confused :joy: What are the requirements to run metr on it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only requirement Wear OS version 2 or higher

5 Likes

Is there any plan to make it work on Samsung Watches?

3 Likes

Have been rumor about samsung going over to wear OS so I am crossing my fingers :slight_smile: Can’t really find a wear os that fits my needs atm.

It runs just fine on my original Moto 360 from 2014, running wearOS 1.x .

1 Like

Ooo that would be nice, I love my Galaxy Watch but wish it had Tizen

If anything just for the ability to have Google Maps

@rpasichnyk to follow up with the pairing issue.

I have taken my board apart, updated FlexiBMS to 0.18.
Metr module to the latest firmware too (which adds FlexiBMS 0.18 support).

Now Metr pairs every single time.
Flexi is not detected though. :weary:
FlexiBMS detection is enabled, battery is set to smart BMS option.

Settings for flexi look completely bad too…

Just noticed both vescs have same CAN ID for some reason…? Checked with cable, both have different IDs (90 and 92).

I am rolling out a big update with quite a few fixes, maybe it will help, let’s see :pray:

4 Likes

I have fully reinstalled Metr yesterday and it started working again. Some app corruption might have happened… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hello @rpasichnyk , are the Metr’s in stock right now?
I didn’t want to add to your email inbox. I placed an order a few days back and was curious when to expect it to ship. No rush. I read the website FAQ.

Thanks

3 Likes

Your package was dropped off close to the time you were asking. :joy: You should see the tracking number via PayPal now.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes