Metr Pro Updates

@rpasichnyk

Any chance there was a change with the new update that would affect the readings over CAN?

Other than the update nothing changed between logs but enabling hfi, adding heatsinks, and changing the remote setting for throttle curve. I have confirmed through metr all settings are the same. Belt tension is very close to the same. I’m seeing a ~20 degree and ~20A difference at times.

3 Likes

Holy canoly batman did you do 44?!?@? Or are we questioning the numbers here lol

1 Like

The remote would have to be wrong too. Lol. It was 37mph or higher every time I checked. Definitely didn’t check on the fast end of the log. Felt fast. I am sure the gearing and tire settings are correct in the remote, metr, and vesc tool. 170kv topped at 41ish. These are 190 and it was slight down hill. Never hit full duty cycle either. I think it’s accurate.

1 Like

oh yeah 190kv will deffienlty give you a few more mph…killer bro!! 44 Is the fastest I have ever gone, only happened once

4 Likes

What’s the deal with shipping to Australia?

1 Like

Probably the deal with everywhere else. Cunts fucked

2 Likes

Argh, that is a shame. But I understand that things move on. Would be nice to have a legacy upload function for sharing. There is nothing secure about the uploads bring shared users unless I understood you wrong.

Do you think recent updates could have broken the functionality in communication between phone and module? My last rides are filled with broken connections where parts of data are skipped. Also I tried replaying my latest crash but the log file is telling me I was driving 4km per hour when I broke my collarbone and deskinned arm, hip and knee (while wearing jeans). I don’t have much memory of the incident but I think I recall I was going well over 20.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. It can not be shipped from Europe at the moment because shipping of goods is not possible with the standard shipping option because of Covid-19.

We are thinking about doing a similar thing like @mmaner did for the US folks that already ordered their modules from the shop but cant get them shipped because of the restrictions. That means sending a bigger package with expensive DHL Express to one individual and get it reshipped afterwards.

Anyone knows if shipping from the US to Australia works at the moment with the regular shipping options? Maybe it would also be possible to get a module shipped from @thisguyhere’s US group buy because he still has some modules left.

2 Likes

it’s been a while but i have shipped small packages to AUS - rather costly and super slow, but it did get there. i’d have to setup AUS shipping if it was to happen.

2 Likes

My Metr does not record my routes. Anyone else experiencing this also?

1 Like

I had experienced this sometimes. Seemed like it was related to my phone being in a low power mode. A full phone battery may help.

1 Like

switched my power mode to high performance see if that gets it. thx

1 Like

It’s happened within the last 5 days. Sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn’t.

1 Like

Can I get a refund then…please.

Mine did this the other day too, I don’t know if it’s the app or what but it stopped recording multiple times even though it was connected? Very weird. @rpasichnyk any words?

2 Likes

mine has been like this for about a week now. very weird indeed.

It shouldn’t stop, check that you allow notifications in the metr app (needed for proper background mode). If it happens again, please send log to support@metr.at right recording stops.

2 Likes

It’s happening everyday. I think it started Wednesday. I’ll have to look through my logs. I’ll be 30 minutes into a ride and see “Bluetooth Disconnected 12 minutes ago”. I’m also noticing logs where whole sections of the map log is missing. Data is still scrolling but the map is black. No map and no route. Additionally, other people’s links to logs will appear as a short line. Maybe from start to finish point instead of the loop?

2 Likes

Usually means that you need external antenna, because signal strength is blocked / not enough. When there is no active BLE connection for several minutes, iOS puts app to sleep / freeze. That’s why missing sections on the map. It was less visible before, because instead of missing section there was a straight line instead. I think missing section is better.

1 Like

Chiming in to report I am also suddenly experiencing this issue (never experienced before with like 300 miles of data). My recent 15 mile ride has four dots randomly thrown on the map but no route connecting them. I can post the log if needed.

1 Like