Metr Pro Updates

yeah this is exactly what im seeing. have you managed to connect to the slave via vesc tool and see if its also reporting negative currents? I would also be curious if they are seeing the same problem in the stormcore app.

1 Like

Not yet. Board is on the bench, focboxes are coming out so I won’t be able to test this further unless I run into the same issue again after it comes back together. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I had a quick skim through here and couldn’t find what I was looking for, and the search term ‘CAN’ is kinda not helpful :joy: sooooo…

TLDR: when will the metr CAN version be available?

2 Likes

Did the same thing :sob:

1 Like

Good call. TLDR: latest test VESC tool is reporting negative motor amps for inverted motors, not sure if this is intentional (pinging @Pimousse for possible insight)

Longer story: Replicated the situation, occurs the same on V6 hardware as V4

Battery Amps report positive and negative output correctly on both ESCs as reported in METR and VESC tool. :white_check_mark:

Motor amps are inverted only on the ESC with inverted motor direction, reported in METR and VESC tool. :thinking:

I’ve found a work-around :exclamation: for reading METR data though, thanks to the button to combine or split data, if I split the data it shows me what I’d want to see by just adding the - and + numbers manually assuming they are both positive.

5 Likes

@rpasichnyk, I have the DieBieMS connected and can see the battery voltage but I can’t change the settings like you do in expert mode. I have the latest firmware.

1 Like

Hey fellas. Pretty dumb question over here!

Can I reset my recorded data and start all fresh? I’d like to start recording my rides on my new board

Thanks in advance :metal:t3:

My guess why you don’t see settings for diebie is because your bms fw is old. You will need to update it from 0.21 > 0.27

4 Likes

That’s right. At the moment only v0.27 is supported in Expert tab @mishrasubhransu
@CiscoV uninstall the app, install it again - all your data will be gone :poop:

5 Likes

Bahahah.
That’s easy.
Thanks brother :grin:

3 Likes

anybody else having trouble uploading metr logs after latest update?

2 Likes

Yes. Pressing Upload turns the brightness of the buttons down as if they are greyed out. Pressing again turns it back, but still no upload.

2 Likes

Please send me log file :slight_smile:

How could i forget…

log_2020-07-25.txt (16.1 KB)

here a visualisation

1 Like

I guess I know what the issue might be. Can you try to connect to your board you made record with (so you have active BLE connection) and try to upload again?

I can’t since that board is dead as you know ^^

I can try to hook it up to a spare vesc but i need to flash the firmware first etc. But then i can try.

Yes i can.

I didn’t use the metr it was recorded with but it still uploaded.

Not all work though. The ones with real data work, but ones like this here won’t be uploaded. (this is all it has)

log_2020-07-25.txt (48.1 KB)

1 Like

Same thing here.

1 Like

Same with me It depends on if I have the show all records toggled off/on

1 Like

Doesn’t matter in my case if toggled or not.

1 Like