Metr Pro Updates

Yep mine stays at 0 because i don’t have a temp sensor.

What i also noticed is that the stats have a certain delay. Not sure if thats just an android thing on how the notifications work.

3 Likes

@GeorgS Thanks for pointing that out!
@xsynatic Android does not recommend update notification more often than once per second. This might negatively impact battery life as well as make OS angry and it can block app notifications for longer periods of time

5 Likes

Makes sense. I mean it is way better than before. Like you said, we are not supposed to look at the phone while riding. For a small glance it’s perfect.

Really appreciate the effort!

2 Likes

Just waiting for when there is a complication for Apple Watch. Just mean it never times out. Currently it does and I’d love a quick shortcut besides opening the dock and clicking the icon.

5 Likes

I second this and would love a complication for Apple Watch

@rpasichnyk

Noticed that on my phone I don’t seem to get the notification stats despite being connected

Thought this might be a dark mode bug so switched to normal mode but it’s still the same

Running pixel 4 XL with the latest update.

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk my notification bar is blank, too. I confirmed that my notification permissions were enabled

pixel 2xl Android 10 with March 5th patch, app version 4.2.10

1 Like

Weird. I’ll check later if my friends pixel 2xl does it too.

Is there an easy way for me to ID which VESC is spitting out this DRV error. Any suggestions here? I’m guessing this flipsky 4.2 is dying. Will throw drv if I run to max speed on bench. Stutters some while riding during lower speed acceleration. 10S3p 190kv, well below erpm limits.

Any recommendation appreciated

1 Like

hm it works for him.

Not the latest Android FW. Sowhere close though.

3 Likes

@Kalitapaws @ElectricCruiser :sunglasses:

14 Likes

:eyes: oh my

4 Likes

Complication can only be updated once every 15 minutes (watchOS budget limitation), but still, it is a convenient way to start the app from the watchface! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

any plans for samsung watches ?
@rpasichnyk

I did attempts, but Samsung developer tools were really terrible last time I tried :cry:

2 Likes

oow, okay, thanks

@ducktaperules @sesat any chance you can hook up your phone to computer, start metr app and run

adb logcat
?

I tried a couple of Android 10 devices and foreground notification works just fine :confused:

4 Likes

Nice… this has already been pushed out?

Yeah I will try later.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk

I think I remember logs showing combined values in the past… but now the summary seems to only show one VESC (or is it an average value of both?) since a while.

Is this intentional? I’d prefer to see the combined max, avg, min, etc in the summary stats. Honestly it’s usable and just fine as it is but if I could suggest some changes it would be (like clicking Energy swapping between Wh and Ah) if you click Current and Motor Current (Or really any field for that matter) that it could swap between total combined values and then separate individual not combined values for each vesc, or have it sync with the combine and separate buttons from the chart.

If I am missing something where it’s already like this and I just don’t know let me know.

Edit: I guess if I am going to make suggestions for changes, this minor usability change would be sweet imo… I see the values, especially max and min, in the summary stats, but I often find myself scrolling through for a while looking for where exactly that max and min value in the graph and on the map took place. It would be cool if not only clicking the stats in the summary values bar changed between individual and combined, but also if it would focus the graph and map to where the stats took place.