Metr Pro Updates

It’s all set like this

That’s wrong?

About the Duty Cycle, that could be an issue if the vesc sending wrong information than?
It’s a maytech vesc 6.6 just in case.

My old Metr.Pro sin’t connecting to my new Maytech 100a vesc. The module pairs to the app fine but reads no data from the esc and the green light won’t turn solid and keeps flashing. I haven’t read any known issues with this speed controller. Any idea why?

It worked fine with my old focbox a few weeks ago but not this.

Nice

Will this work on the old Metr or just the pro? really want to know if is my remote or else that create a cutout

I had quite a similar issue when I got my focboxes. I could connect to the module just fine, but not get any readings or switch modes. It turned out that I had not selected PPM and UART in the VESC tool under app settings – general. It was just set to PPM. But putting it on PPM and UART solved it.

Hope this helps, but your issue seems a bit different so it might not work.

It is set to PPM & UART. Still doesn’t want to connect with metr.

@rpasichnyk @hexakopter
How complicated (and possible) would be to host the lifetime stats and setup settings (such as gear ratio, wheel diameter, etc.) In the NRF chip ?

The purpose : records lifetime values even if the app is not connected.
I personnaly don’t connect the bluetooth each time I ride.
In competition, we can’t even carry a phone for some of them.

That woukd be a huge feature !!

3 Likes

Green LED flashing means that UART communication can not be established. When communication is established, the green LED will turn solid. The only possible reason I can think of is that UART pins are completely inverted like on ESCape (not just RX and TX). Or some exotic BAUD rate…

1 Like

@Andy87 can you check location permissions for metr app in iOS on your phone? Should be set to always

2 Likes

Just checked

It is set to always

It worked for me with the same settings that you have :thinking:

Just an idea, turn this switch off and on again, maybe something is wrong with iOS permissions and this will trigger location request.

Do you have a small location arrow in iOS status bar when you are using Metr app?

1 Like

I have the latest firmware and app on Android and it keeps crashing. I have the lastest firmware on vescs too. Pixel 2

Does the app even start? Logs?

It doesn’t start. I have even restarted my phone. I have sent feedback with system log.

1 Like

I will have a look tomorrow on Pixel 3. In the meantime, give the app more permissions, maybe it will help

Gave it full permission, still nothing. Should I clear cache and data?

No, we figured out the crash was happening only on selected devices (that’s why not spotted). Thanks for letting us know! It should be fixed now, please update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will try that tomorrow again. Don’t remember about the arrow key. Thx for the help so far.

This happens to me as well! Sometimes in odometer data.

1 Like

Uh oh. I thankfully haven’t seen any crazy jumps in the odometer data but I do see that it logs for more than 24hours for the 1day stats. @rpasichnyk, does it use local time for computing one day stat or some other time?

I had this happen after the last updated, 340 km on the today tab by just testing the board once on the table

1 Like