Metr Pro Updates

Yes, I can now detect all 3 modules! Thank you Roman

3 Likes

No. But its a good idea.:+1: Thanks for your input.

Yes, it is compatible. Only disadvantage, that you no longer have the 7pin external UART port available. With the Metr Pro UNITY you can still connect something like the DAVEga or any other UART based device on the external port, because the special Metr Pro module is using an internal UART port that is independent.

We also have a UNITY module with external antenna coming, but I am still waiting to receive my FOCBOX UNITY for some month to see the best way to route the antenna cable out of its case.

4 Likes

Ah, thatā€™s kind of a drag huh. I imagine the new Unity module is a totally different PCB and you couldnā€™t just add the external antenna later eh?

Iā€™m willing to pay for the device and work with you to determine cable routing if it interests you at all.

Compared to the standard Metr Pro module the Metr Pro UNITY is a total different PCB.
On the standard Metr Pro it was possible to change between PCB antenna and external antenna with some solder skills. On the UNITY module thats unfortunately not possible anymore.

I guess in about a month you can buy the Metr Pro UNITY with external antenna in our store when everything workes out as expected.

1 Like

If you have the metr pro unity is it still possible to connect to the unity app?

I set up a board earlier today for a friend and couldent get his metr pro unity module to connect properly to the Unity app. Metr was up to date, as was the unity. Tried on both Android and iOS.

Can you tell us a bit more what exact Unity app version/Unity firmware version and what Metr Pro firmware version (independent form Metr app version) he was running? Would be also good to know what you mean with not ā€œproperlyā€ so we will try to recreate the issue.

My Vesc tool canā€™t find the metr pro :frowning:
EDIT : nevermind. Metr pro canā€™t be connected to the metr app. Had to close it and now the vesc tool finds it.

1 Like

After finally upgrading my phone I went to Android 9. Module was found, all good, stuff works. Except for location. For the life of me I cannot make it work in records. App has permissions, location is set to high accuracy. None zip nada. No location data, only one point on the map and thatā€™s it.

@rpasichnyk any ideas? I could send a long, but I read it and it didnā€™t seem to have anything. So maybe itā€™s just a phone configuration thingā€¦

Can you release the 1.16 vesc tool for direct connectivity please?

1 Like

@CiscoV can you connect to your Metr Pro with the latest fix?
@Murloc992 please send log anyways
@sebaszz will build 1.16 vesc tool later today :+1:

4 Likes

Allrighty, will do ASAP. :slight_smile:

Any chance of getting a Close/kill App button? I stays Open until i go into the settings and kill it.

That is weird. I never had to do that. I just close it using the recent apps button.

3 Likes

Me again, sorry ^^

Any idea why the metr pro says my battery is at 88%~ at 40.8v (10s battery)?
Battery settings are set to 10s and 12 the size (12Ah)

It also states 33%~ at 36v

Because that are the percentages matching the voltages for the battery type you choose. You can also select ā€œCustomā€ and change it to your own values.

Edit.: Have a look at @rodā€™s screenshot, where you can see how to set the right cell voltage to battery percentage when you want custom settings.

1 Like

This is why:

The Li-Ion option has a similar table.

You can play around with these values if you donā€™t like them but I find it to be much more precise than most battery meters.

The only way to precisely measure battery percentage is by implementing a coulomb counter. Battery discharge does not drop voltage linearly.

2 Likes

Yeah i found it. Settings were set to Li-Ion ( I use 30q cells.)

Can you tell me what happens if my percentage drops to 0 while riding because of sag?

Lets assume by board has 35.2V and Metr says thats 24% left. If i drive a hill up and it sags down like it usually does to Zero, does it indicate to the VESC that my battery is empty and it shuts down?

EDIT : Question 2. I get 2 pretty different distance readings and iā€™m not sure which is more accurate.
My Tracking app says iā€™ve gone 18.2km and the Metr module says 19.7.

Hey,
how can I record RPM extra to the GPS-Speed?
Is there any function to choose the recorded data, like remove motor temp or something.
Best,

Chris

@xsynatic 1. No, Metr app does not send battery percentage back to VESC. It just displays and records voltage. 2. RPM calculated distance is much more accurate. We did multiple tests.
@Giga RPM is recorded, but not displayed. You can get raw data after you upload a record and then append ?format=json to the url

1 Like

@rpasichnyk if a DieBieMS is present in the setup, is the SoC still computed from the pack voltage or does it display the coulomb counter from the DieBieMS instead ?

1 Like