Metr Pro Updates

Game changer! Means I don’t have to swap modules to go between metr and Stormcore apps when testing! Awesome!

2 Likes

Used metr Pro as above, but had disconnects after about 2 and a half minutes. This was consistent across metr and Stormcore apps.

metr disconnected whether the phone was locked or unlocked on the Realtime page, Stormcore disconnected while the phone was locked.

I sent feedback via the app as well.

4 Likes

Had an HFI hiccup at the start, the pause in the middle was where I jumped off after hitting gravel trying to avoid a pedestrian and his dog. Didn’t fall, just ran it off.

Had two reported BT disconnects, but seemingly this didn’t affect recording.

Just wondering about the HFI setup though, I don’t see where you toggle it on / off?

2 Likes

Here:

The first “Sensor Mode” is for BLDC

5 Likes

@rpasichnyk what kind of range is reasonable in the metro pro i get a lot of disconnections with phone in my pocket during rides and with board on charge with my phone on the sofa 5m away

My other metro pro with small antenna works at the other end of the garden fine 30m away no disconnections.

Take a look at this.

i use the non antenna version. Haven’t tested it above 10-15meters but even they were solid.

What kind of enclosure do you use?

2 Likes

Just a quick question: When I do ‘Save configuration’ in the expert tab. Is it the configuration of both Vesc and DBMS?

Fiber glass encloser on a spud deck so only thing that could be affecting it I’d the position on the unity but that is a fixed position

Can you take a picture how it is positioned? So the one you are talking about is a Metr Pro UNITY and the other one is a standard Metr Pro with small external antenna?

Bluetooth spec says 33ft minimum supported distance and personally never had an issue connecting throughout my apartment to bluetooth things (there are some dead zones behind certain walls or big appliances), but like others are saying this seems unexpected to say the least. Would verify you have a solid connection between the module and the vesc, could maybe reinforce with some sort of hot-glue or silicone. Something you can glob onto the connector to make sure it’s not shaking loose or something similar… it seems unlikley, now that I’m writing it too but just not sure what else to try… does it disconnect only when riding or also when walking say 20ft away with clear line of sight?

1 Like

To everyone that ordered a Metr Pro module in the last couple of days or who is planning to order a module in the near future, please notice that there could be COVID-19 based shipping delays depending on your country. At the moment Deutsche Post (local shipping company) will not deliver goods for an example to the US or Canada because of COVID-19.
We try to ship orders from Sweden but regulations can change every day at the moment so please keep in mind that there could be some unforeseen delays when you are ordering now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

7 Likes

Mounted pretty standardly under the orange cover

1 Like

Disconnects hanging on the wall charging not moving phone siting on the sofa arm less than 5m away full line of sight. rules out vibration

3 Likes

yo what’s that thing with the lit screen

BMS screen

1 Like

i wonder if the backlight generates a problematic amount of radio frequency interference

I wonder if it’s FW 5.0 just being a dick.

Think it’s one of those 0.96" OLED displays can get for a few bucks but doesn’t hurt generally to start disonnecting things one by one or start with it stripped to bare minumum connections (but probably not a whole lot of optional connections). Anything weird in the data if recording during disconnects @Darkie02?

To point above about FW version I haven’t upgraded to 5 yet so that could be a culprit.

Strangely no it records past the disconnections just my phone keeps vibrating with disconnection push notifications

The screen was disconnected after set up and the battery has sins been heat shrinked after that photo.

Any way of the metro pro reporting it’s signel quality and strength.

The PPM remote receiver is down the side of the ESC but there’s not really any we’re else to move it to. The batty has very long + leads on it that run from the middle to the frount of the deck AS90 then to the ESC at the back - can’t be more than 15cm must almost good 1m of AWG10 cable from the cell in total

Would be really interesting to see if external antenna helps in your case :wink:

1 Like