Metr Pro Updates

Fixed today in firmware update :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations you found the biggest bug in Unity since release, it was fixed today. I highly recommend all Unity users to update to latest firmware released today!

How does this new unity firmware work with my metr pro unity. I currently have the custom baud rate FW on my unity. Is this issue gone in the new fw?

the change log on github suggests that they have fixed the current issue and something to do with the Bluetooth

=== FW 23.44 ===

• Fixed bug with bluetooth
  • Fixed bug that caused battery current limit to be per motor and not total

not in the changelog but it also looks like this update contains the code for the new trampa “smart reverse” control mode. lots of references to
PPM_CTRL_TYPE_CURRENT_BRAKE_REV_HYST

2 Likes

Yes their will be soon a big update for Unity app where i adapts new change from latest vesc firmware and it will get more stuff like modes etc.
Bluetooth ppm bug i think its fixed in this small update today

1 Like

Actually:
PPM_CTRL_TYPE_CURRENT_BRAKE_REV_HYST is Ackmaniac’s “reverse” - it’s there now
PPM_CTRL_TYPE_CURRENT_SMART_REV is Vedders “reverse” - not there yet

The issue with baud rate was solved, but I don’t really know if it was the right way it was solved. It feels wrong to me that UART priority is now higher than PPM priority.

#define STM32_SERIAL_USART1_PRIORITY        12

To:

#define STM32_SERIAL_USART1_PRIORITY        3
5 Likes

So getting a metr for my unity will allow for accurate vesc settings changes?? I’ve been wanting this but didn’t know how accurate or reliable it was until I read through this. I really don’t feel like taking my enclosure off every time I want to tweak my ride more!

1 Like

Do it. Unity + Metr is a match made in heaven if you like to tinker with settings.

2 Likes

Yay!! More money to spend on my board! That’s why it’s named “The Sarlacc”

Just like the pit boba fett fell in to “die”, this board is the pit my money falls in to die as well!

7 Likes

Not die more like equivalent exchange for pleasure.

1 Like

So that’s the reason my BMS prolly blew a chip and a puff of smoke the other day and also why I always get DRV faults and small cutouts randomly, and very sporadically, while riding I bet… almost died the other day from one too. Jesus. So what’s the final answer on if Battery settings are for both or each motor when doing settings in the unity app @ducktaperules and is it the same on the metr pro app now or different @rpasichnyk

Also, is the only place to get the new firmware from the github?

The new firmware is included in the update to the “focbox ui” app. So, update your app and then you can update your firmware through it.

If you want cables and pc update, I don’t know how to obtain it.
I just use the app. :blush:

2 Likes

Ideally you want to download the latest focbox ui app version to get to the latest firmware. 1.4 for Windows will get you just that.

The version downloadable through here is actually 1.4, it just says 1.3 lmao. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://enertionboards.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000660795-Windows-Tool-for-Unity

1 Like

After the unity update my ‘modes’ are not working anymore in my metr pro…:tired_face:

Settings -> Magic -> Untested Firmware if you are brave (should be okay in your case), or wait for Metr app update :+1:

2 Likes

Great! Thank you…going to do that till the original update :+1::+1:

Battery settings were per motor.

After the new fix the battery setting is for the whole system, as it should have been.

i would expect this to be the same for both the unity app and metr.

Also i dont think this would have caused your BMS to let the magic smoke out. BMS should protect its self and the battery from whatever happens in the rest of the system. That’s what its there for. This setting also wont cause DRV faults.

If your experiencing small cutouts i would guess these are being caused by the DRV faults. When a fault happens i think the processor briefly resets as safety measure to protect its self.

5 Likes

Aaaaaaannnnddddddd I just ordered one. Thanks!

Is there a possibility to implement the Voltage cutoff into Modes category for a quick swap?

I often swap between 10s and 12s and have to go into expert everytime and change it on both vescs.

EDIT : I also would assume that the Temperature of the slave vesc is wrong? Room temperature is about 20ish Celsius.IMG_20191004_184504

If you swap different batteries for the same VESC, I can recommend saving expert configurations and apply them.

Looks like a problem on the VESC with temp sensor

1 Like