Metr Pro Updates

I had some hickups today. Metr app froze 2-3 times.
It recovered once from itself, the other times i had to force close the app.

Also i had a Zero run. Startet the app, started the Recording and drove for 20 minutes until i realized that the realtime data didn’t refresh and the recording did not record anything except for time and elevation.

Restarted the app and started a new recording.

Log file please. Settings -> Show Logs -> support@metr.at

Hi Roman,

Could you check the updated 1.16 tool? I’m not able to connect. It shows the bluetooth ID but it doesn’t connect. Removed and paired the bluetooth device in windows again without any result.

In 1.13 it is still working.

son of a bitch…

also… i keep seeing people post pics of analog style gauges on their screen, and one of them said it was a metr pro. Where is that shit coming from?

1 Like

That probably was mobile VESC Tool + Metr Pro :roll_eyes:

@sebaszz I will check, thanks for the info

1 Like

Just saw the ppm mapping addition nice.

It looks though that it doesn’t match the timeline right. Anyone else notice this?

Or perhaps I’m stating this wrong and the timeline is fine but the numbers when scrolling don’t match up.

@sebaszz I checked and VESC Tool 1.16 works exactly like 1.13. I am able to connect via BLE. Make sure none of other devices (phones, etc) are connected to the module.

sorry for wasting your time…

removed all the vesc tools, rebooted again, downloaded again and opened. Now it is working.

1 Like

So i have been testing some battery current stuff with my unity settup and i have found out some weirdness with the unity/metr.

Seems like when your in metr using modes and you set “battery curent max” to 20A this allows the unity to pull up to 40 amps from the battery. It seems like even tho this is a dual ESC the metr settings are still setting 20A battery current for each motor. So i think my battery current is double what i expected for all my mode profiles. i can only assume that this means that my regen battery current is also double what it should be.

Im not sure if this is a bug or if its supposed to be like this but either way its not very clear and makes it easy to have your battery regen turned up way to high.

Im now curious if this behaviour is the same in the official unity app, is their battery current is for the whole system or is it also per motor. guess im going to have to test it out tomorrow.

1 Like

Slightly related to that I think the app lets me set positive values for the Regen current and ended up with board acting weird I will try to reproduce the issue sometime tonight as well. Might be better to block bad input like that though and avoid the save and alert user that some config was invalid (or negate the value not sure which one)

Edit my firmware wasn’t fully up to date at the time but is now so yah will try again.

Yup tried again, granted I did it in “expert” mode and this is not an expert thing to do but results in very sporadic behavior.

Got a similar problem. I’ve set Motor current to 60A but it reaches 74.1A

yeah i have seen this before. positive regen means applying more power when break is used

Yes please test it. I did not find any place in the FOCBOX UI tool source code where max battery current is divided by 2 or something. So I guess this is the same with the official app.

This is different. Since UNITY has 2 motors, when you look at the record you see a sum of motor_current_1 and motor_current_2.

Battery current and motor current are different things.

Yes, I will do something about it, thanks!

1 Like

I’m using 2x 4.12 vescs via can bus.

Yes, in this case (2 VESCs) motor currents are also added. Everything’s fine.

so divide 74.1 by 2? each Motor uses 37.05 Amps?

Hello,

Would this be a place to place a feature request?
Or to ask if the feature is actually possible?

If so, I would like to ask for a feature that would make an esk8 legal in my country (The Netherlands).
Here, if your electric vehicle does not move on its own but rather supports your movement, it’s legal and doesn’t require any sort of documentation or license.
An electric bicycle for example.

I know that there is a code for a ride mode that works like this for a firefly remote.
You manually make the board go faster than 11km/h for 2 seconds and the board will activate and move for 20 seconds at a set speed. After that you’ll have to manually make it go faster than 11km/h again and so forth.

Would this be possible as a ride profile with the metr app? Again, this would make esk8 boards legal here.

So Like Mellows unlimited mode?

Similar, Endless mode for Mellow boards doesn’t stop giving power to the wheels after a while. Mellow’s system is more cruise control-like

This is now fixed in v3.8.33, the app will not let you set positive brake/regen current

This has to be done in VESC firmware, not in Metr app. Push assist / Mellow endless / … I would say this is a very complex feature, for a small group of people. If you want it, buy a Mellow.

3 Likes