Metr Pro Updates

Is there a solution to this? I was trying to calibrate my remote and I couldn’t get it to keep the values. I am not sure what happened (user error I am sure), but now the metr will connect but not pair and my board is unresponsive.

@rpasichnyk. How do I get my board going again? Do I need to go into the vesc tool? My metr will connect but just says “pairing” and will not pair anymore.

Try to force close Metr app and open it again. If it does not help, open system bluetooth settings and forget/remove Metr Pro from the list, then open Metr app again and go to Settings - Scan.

That didn’t do it. I force closed the app, then unpaired, and then unpaired and rebooted my phone but the app still gets stuck on the “pairing”

Can you please open Metr app → Settings → Show logs and send them to support@metr.at? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the logs!

1. Please update Metr Pro firmware (The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro)
  2. It looks like VESC does not have UART app enabled. Please connect with VESC Tool (USB) and make sure App is set to UART or PPM+UART

Any reason when I click my battery icon I don’t get my BMS information anymore? Seems weird.

Thanks, that worked. I must have changed it when I was trying to figure out my remote settings.

1 Like

iOS or Android? And what BMS do you have?

When you calibrate the remote does it automatically write the new values to the vesc? Along those same lines, do you record the ppm input in the values? My board has been anemic lately. I got a new Bruce housing for my remote and forgot to recalibrate. I just realized this on my last ride and that is where I got into trouble with the metr app. That is working now, but the board is still accelerating slow and won’t climb hills like it used to. I haven’t intentionally made any other changes. My max current is around 20 amps and used to be over 40. The max setting is 60amps.

You need to click on “Write” after calibration.

Yes, both on the realtime screen and in the records.

Android and my BMS is the apex smart BMS

I’d like some options to be a 2 liner for visibility purposes. With some options you’re not really able to see what you currently have selected.

4 Likes

or just have a slow scrolling text, or maybe just smaller font size

3 Likes

Just fixed that, thanks for the suggestion

Also added checkbox for currently selected option

7 Likes

Hell yeah :metal:t3: thanks!

4 Likes

Please update to the latest version from the Google Play Store and try again, there were some issues with LTT BMS integration (now fixed).

Update: All points have been fixed - expect an update to the app very soon!

Got some wonky behavior.

FIXED - App does not show an app icon (phone issue?)

Screenshot_20211001-131516

Was running the previous version, updated to the latest one but it stayed the same.

Connecting went good as always, checking for the metr hw update gave me the option to upgrade from 5.38 to 5.39

FIXED - Started update - instantly went to jumping into bootloader 0% - operation timed out - threw me to the realtime data page with the error RESOLVER_DOS

Atfer restarting the board and killing the metr app it just showed “metr pro can - connected” but no data transfer as mentioned a few posts above. Restarted everything again and it connected.

Current situation:
no metr app logo
Can’t update firmware of module

App: 4.11.15
Metr pro can SD + gps + lte on unity fw 5.2
Metr fw 5.38
Android 10

log_2021-10-01.txt (404 KB)

4 Likes

Same for me with the app icon, not sure what’s going on there

My regular metr pro still works fine but I still have no map data

3 Likes