Metr Pro Updates

If you have the time/energy, can you narrow down the version at which it stops working? Would help get the fix into the latest version.

2 Likes

Actually it would be a good start just to get the logs from the latest version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk New version connected to the already set old module - but upon scanning again it could not be found anymore

2 Likes

hey @rpasichnyk
The issue with not tracking GPS is fixed and my metr module records how it should. Just some things I not fully understood.
On my last ride i had a max consumption of 1822342796 Wh/km.
That sound a little bit over. I mean, ok maybe IĀ“m not a leight weight, but riding mainly on flat I canĀ“t imagine to use that much :sweat_smile:

I as well still get strange Duty cycle numbers. Last ride was 108%. I rund dual maytech 6.6 on FW 3.40 hw no limits.

During my last ride I as well got like 20 times a low voltage message, but only for the first 15min of the ride, than it disappeared.
Do I need to activate ā€œsmooth voltageā€ or can there be another reason why this message pop up that often?

1 Like

The new PPM value: set it up on realtime screen but I am not able to show it in my records on the device or uploaded to metr.at. what am I missing?

@McErono drop down menu?

@Andy87

• increase consumption window to smooth out value and prevent spikes
    Settings -> Magic -> Consumption Window
  • the reason for Low voltage message might be in Settings -> Notifications. Set Low voltage to 0 to disable the message
  • nothing I can do about duty cycle numbers (maybe cap them to 100 max :thinking:, but that feels a bit wrong). This is coming from your VESC, contact maytech? :nerd_face:
1 Like

great thx! will try!

hmm, online my stats dropdown is cut off at the bottom:

in the app itself there is no dropdown menu available (galaxy S9plus).

1 Like

I forgot one more thing, to record PPM you need to update Metr Pro firmware. Connect to your board with Metr app, go to Settings and click on blue gear :+1:

I have 4.12 on my module, should be the latest right?

Yes, it is latest. Still no PPM in recordings? :thinking:

I would like to thank @rpasichnyk here.
Something went wrong in my metr update and it got half bricked.
Roman made a special firmware and had me ready to rock in a couple of days.
That is epic.

11 Likes

I keep losing rides. :frowning: Could this be related to ackmaniac firmware? Just lost a 20+km ride. Metr logged it as 316Wh and 1km. :expressionless:

When Will it be possible to se motor stats individual for both the motors in a dual setup ?

I can use the terminal, with Settings->Magic: CAN forward on + can id:10, to connect to DieBieMS. When I hit help it shows me the options below. However I donā€™t see a way to set the config. I want to use config_set_HOV(I used to be able to do it previously). Any idea what I can do? I donā€™t want to open my sealed enclosure. It will be a lot of work.

• Use DieBieMS Tool and connect via BLE or
  • Disable CAN fwd in Metr app and run TCP bridge and use DieBieMS Tool to connect via TCP

Both ways you need to use DieBieMS Tool on your desktop

@Silverline no plans yet
@Murloc992 there should be some hint in the log file why the record stopped. Also, you are not ā€œlosingā€ rides, they just seem end too soon. I have an idea why. In the log file you sent me, you are

1. Starting the record
  2. Changing mode
  3. Looks like then you just put your phone in the pocket and go

When on the Modes tab, there is no realtime data coming and the record stops after 60 secs. After you switch modes, you need to switch back to Realtime tab. I will think how to fix it, but for now donā€™t leave the app while on Modes tab

1 Like

Yup, this might be the case. Can it switch back to realtime automatically, please? For example when the phone gets locked. Thereā€™s no mode changes going on when it is locked for sure. Not sure if thatā€™s detectable though. :slight_smile:

Even switching to realtime from anything after a lock sounds reasonable, especially when a record is ongoing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@silverline, canĀ“t you already see that in the real time data? I have two values displayed for current and temp. thought this are the different motors.
or you mean that it will also displayed later in the recording?

You see two split motor current values and graphs when you upload a record? I think they are combined atm.

thatĀ“s what i said. only in real time data you can see that indiviual motor

1 Like