Metr Pro UNITY bluetooth module

@hexakopter @rpasichnyk how do I do this?

I guess we are talking about Metr Proā€™s OTA firmware update, you go to Settings -> click on the blue gear, and will get update (if available).

To update UNITYs own firmware (ESC), use UNITY Tool, connect over BLE or cable, do the update as usual.

1 Like

Well then thatā€™s some weird doubling up @hexakopter did there!

What is weird about it?

The statement distinguished between Metr Pro FW and Unity FW i.e. contradictory to what you just said.

My Unity seems to lose its motor detection done through Metr every time I disconnect the battery. Latest Metr FW and Unity FW23.44. Please help!

I wouldnā€™t ever do motor detection through metr period.

1 Like

Why not?

It can fuck up your settings, Iā€™ve done it to mine and seen it happen to many others. It was explained by people smarter than me but the tldr is just donā€™t.

2 Likes

Right, thanks! So is it just motor detection?

1 Like

Yeah just motor detection. Other stuff is fine apparently. I was just told by people who made the unity app not to do motor detection.

1 Like

Thanks mate. :fist_right:t3: :fist_left:t3:

1 Like

That is interesting. Can we please have those people here and explain what the issue is? Maybe you can tag them here?

Snitches get stitches

1 Like

From personal experience the issue is having to do motor detection every time I want to ride, no idea what the cause is though but safe to say Iā€™ll try the other way now.

Definitely try using UNITY app, please let me know if there is any difference.

1 Like

Not sure how Iā€™m going to do it TBH, since Iā€™m on iPhone, unless App also means Mac or PC.

Yes, whatever UNITY app you can use. PC, Mac or Android.

Guessing Android isnā€™t an option when I have a Metr Unity installed? Has to have the Enertion BLE module installed?

UNITY apps work with Metr Pro UNITY just fine

2 Likes