Metr Pro CAN [available to order]

Is any one have the issue where the metr can doesnt light up ? I cant find it when I scan on the app?

If those are TB6 ESCs then you need to move the 5V wire to any of the other connectors that have a 5V pin.

3 Likes

Ahhhhh got you !

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

How fast is the gps that comes with this? And do you by any means know if it would work with the RaceChrono app?

1 Like

GPS update rate is 10Hz. RaceChrono integration was added a few weeks ago:

5 Likes

I have the Metr CAN with SD and GPS. I went for a 2hr ride today without my phone to see it log to the card. When I got back I found the records were divided into a number of pieces (see image). Is this expected?

Also a large piece of the record tried to transfer, got to about 80%, stopped and now I can’t get it to transfer again. It used to say there were 2 more records left on the card to transfer but now it doesn’t even thought they haven’t transferred. Anything I can do to recover those records?

1 Like

Should also note that not a single GPS point was recorded. I didn’t check for a lock before I went since I didn’t take my phone. I assumed it would pick up at some point. Should it have started logging location after it gets a lock during a ride?

It was unfortunate you did not get location information. Sometimes GPS does not get a lock because of bad weather or module placement inside a board. If it picks up at some point, partial location information should be available. I guess it just never picked up.

Record split in multiple parts on the other hand looks like a bug. Can you please send logs from Settings → Show logs to support@metr.at?

1 Like

I don’t have that original log anymore as I re-installed the app trying to get it to load the files off the card (thinking it might be caching that it already loaded them or something - didn’t work). So I lost the logs. I will try to recreate this issue and send the logs.

For the GPS connection, just to confirm, if I have ‘use location’ setting enabled and don’t bring my phone that it should indeed revert to the GPS location from its own antenna?

Yes. GPS module location is always prioritised. Phone location only used when GPS module has no lock. When it gets the lock, phone stops asking for location to save battery.

2 Likes

Found that starting a ride without connecting to Metr through your phone will cause this log fragmentation. Sent a debug log to support@.

This might also be related to gps not locking when starting without any mobile connection.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Issue ^ solved. Caused by low voltage on CAN from Stormcore 100D. It registered 4.4v at the CAN pinouts. On Roman’s suggestion I connected the Metr V+ to the 5v on the UART port and now things are hunky dory.

Thanks for all the help @rpasichnyk !

2 Likes

Did it solve your fragmented file problem? Is that right? Because I have the same problem of fragmented files on my Efoil with my MetrPro Can GPS connected to my RAIDEN 7.

That’s right, connecting to proper 5v solved the fragmented log issue. If the canbus is providing lower than 5v it can cause Metr to restart which causes a new log each time.

2 Likes

emphasized textI have my metr pro can that is powered on the same 5 volts as my RAIDEN 7 power switch led…do you think powering the switch led can take too much power :thinking::thinking::thinking:

When the weather will be less cold I will do a test by disconnecting the led from the power switch .

Hmm, what stormcore is this? I may have to check my CAN 5v.

The TB6 ESC is also known to have a shitty 5V pin on the CAN header. Do yourself a favour and run that 5V wire to any other pin on the ESC labeled 5V.

1 Like

Really love this product.
Also love that its broken up into components so we aren’t forced to purchase everything if we wanted just the METR can!

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk when will metr pro can + sd + gps be available again ?

2 Likes