Metal Matrix 2 top plate

Just not confident enough on the board to be locked in to it i suppose… i like the option of bailing

1 Like

Nobody makes you to use them :wink:
You can just drive without and sent me the heelstraps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The f5 bindings are pretty good without heelstraps already, as min for me. I usually just use them if i‘m somewhere off-road.
If I drive on the city I just pack the heelstraps on top of the bindings.

Haha its nice to have them there for the time being while i get used to the board. Once ive got motors on it i will decide whether i want to move them on or not.

1 Like

I’m 50/50 between the dw2 and a Kaly. Dw2 I will have to cut up and reskin, I like the kaly foot pedals but might need to drill holes for the matrix 2s to fit.

4 Likes

Good news guys, the mbs Matrix2 metal base plate is back in stock :relieved::wink:

6 Likes

one more update… the matrix2 with metal base plate is now also available in this sick oil slick color.

7 Likes

New Kaly decks look awesome. I wanna try make one

Sweeeeeet !!! Love it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Agreed, I just don’t like any spring trucks I’ve ever tried. Matrix 2 urethane blocks forever. The hole lineup for the kaly deck with matrix trucks is sooo close hut makes a weak point. To fill the old holes and reskin a perfect new deck would hurt me and my wallet too much. I ended up getting a blemished DW2 for $105. The blemish is in a spot that is getting cut and reskinned anyway so I had to make the economical choice.

Then I justify it by my love for mbs and how many kalys are rolling around in comparison. It’s a really nice deck though. If you like mbs decks, I’d go a thickness one more firm than he recommends.

3 Likes

Im confused. The MBS Matrix 2 trucks line up perfectly on the Kaly 2.0 that I have. Are there different decks with different mounting layouts or something?

I was told they didn’t line up by several users here and then read where someone redrilled their kaly deck to fit matrix 2 top plate.

Maybe there are 2 different bolt patterns?

2 Likes

I dont have mine with me, Ill look at it tonight and see. Im almost positive the trucks bolted straight to the deck. I’ll PM you pics.

1 Like

Finally found the post that originally misled me. It was a holy pro deck, not a Kaly. I just mentally equated bolt spacing between the two because… Well you know.

2 Likes

Yeah. My holy pro has two hole on top that are wider. So I have to drill thru the baseplate for the two on top, the bottom two line up just fine.

1 Like

Pretty sure he doesnt ship to Australia… got pretty much everything i need to make my own, just need time and motivation

1 Like

Any of you matrix 2 metal top plate users mind answering something?

Are there washers on the inside of the baseplate around the kingpin as well as outside?

Looks like it to me in the photos and too large of a gap in real life to bend the metal but didn’t get any extra either.

Oh yeah, hanger variation photo.

I think only washers on the outside and the bushings on the inside. Not at home right now to check so I can’t be 100% sure. Mine bend a tad when tightening down for a good fit.

1 Like

Yeah, they are only on the outside. I lathed a 2mm washer to 1mm on 1 truck and 1.5mm on the other truck to make up the difference. I can make you some if you can get the exact amount you need them.

1 Like

Ah shit I found the culprit, one part of the nylon plates needs swapped over.

@mmaner if these don’t fit right, I’ll let you know. Thanks for the kind offer.

3 Likes

no worries brother, happy to help.